The Fat Spanish Waiter Has A Pop

5starkop said:
I knew it would come back to Robbie Keane. But the fact is, he was not what Rafa wanted and it was Rick Parry who went and snapped him up when it was clear that Rafa wanted Barry last summer to bolster the squad.

And most of the players listed on the last page, we actually made a profit on most of them after selling them on, so yes, they are 'good value'. Others came on a free in a period when we were skint.

just because we are neighbours do you want us to lend you some of our loose change, say a billion or two?
you can buy a ground then, oh wait, you already have a cathedral in liverpool, shhh.

quadvod said:
Apologies lads - another toffee on your site - been a lurker since lescott interest started - for my two penneth its quite obvious Barry was messed around last summer by rafa and his board so didn't want to go through that charade again this summer - all this "only for the money" - its been like that for years - i'd love to believe that footballers played for the love of the club but those days are long gone - Rooneys transfer was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Anyone can see u boys are going places - provided your board take a medium term approach re the manager its only a matter of time before you crack one of the sky four - just promise me one thing - when your winning stuff - don't turn into chelsea fans on us - absolute terrible at the fa cup - more toffees hung around for the cup presentation than their own!

Always had a soft spot for city - enjoy your day in the sun - see it as reward for all those dark days the club has put you through - great site keep up the good work

i said earlier that the big four are shitting it, not cos its city anyone of everton, spurs or villa were going to hurt them one day.
lets hope so.

pee dubya said:
5starkop said:
I knew it would come back to Robbie Keane. But the fact is, he was not what Rafa wanted and it was Rick Parry who went and snapped him up when it was clear that Rafa wanted Barry last summer to bolster the squad.

And most of the players listed on the last page, we actually made a profit on most of them after selling them on, so yes, they are 'good value'. Others came on a free in a period when we were skint.

Shinawatra signed Jo. Publicised £18million as the fee because there were rumours he was skint, so he used it as a PR exercise. We have not, and never will pay £18 million for him.

The list, half of them are still at your club or left on a free so you can't have made a profit on most of them. No doubt you're rolling in the millions after getting rid of your procession of shite right-backs.

5starkop has really shown himself up with this one... fantastic reading.

Hows Bruno Cheyrou (the next Zidane they said) and Anthony Le Tallec doing, by the way (Although they were the previous managers signings iirc)? I see Pennant has just been let go on a free too. Fernando Morientez was a master stroke buy for you, Kronkamp, Gonzalez, Babel at the best part of 12mil wasn't it?

We bought a player, it hasn't turned out, yet. Probably never will. When it comes to shit buys though, Liverpool are up there with the best of them.

5starkop said:
Okay, so you haven't paid it all in one go and now you're scrambling to find a prospective buyer to help pay off the flop.

As long as he's still a City player, he still bears an £18m price tag. Assuming Everton or whoever buys him next year that's £6m + any more downpayments along the way down the drain, for about 9 appearances.... £1m per app, nice.
I read this thread last night and thought the Irish Liverpool fan got some unwarranted stick (Rafa32 or summat). That guy seemed to want a genuine debate, but was abused by everyone for fuck all. You're just dense.

pee dubya said:
Dossena, Degen, Lucas, Barragan, Pennant, Babel, Kuyt, Voronin, Keane, Kewell, Josemi, Kromkamp, Nunez, Morientes, Gonzalez.

All value for money eh?

Dossena - cost 7 million..had 1 season..evra was woeful in his first season..not comparing them im just saying its a bit stupid..

Degen - free transfer

Lucas - the lad cost 5 mil and is a 22 year old with a few brazil caps under his belt..On the exact same level as de jong..who if i remember correctely you payed 18 mil for

Barragan - signed him as a youngster for a free sold him for a million quid, with a buy back clause..

Pennant- Less said there the better

Babel - could easily recoup what we payed for him because there are still some gobshites out there who still think he has potential...always will be a what if player

Kuyt - im not even gona say anything here because anything i say will be "disilusional"..by people who have never seen him play more than once

Voronin - free transfer..hertha and a number of clubs willing to pay 4+ million for him.

Keane - we payed 19 million for him wit 1 million with add on clauses..he went back for an initial 12 million with ad ons to bring it up to 19 million

Kewell- mneh wasnt as good as we tght wasnt as bad as people made out

Josemi - signed for 2 million..swapped for kromkamp the following year

kromkamp - as above..sold for 1.5 million?

Nunez - part of the micheal owen deal

morientes - a loss of 3 million

Gonzalez - signed for 4.5 million..sold for 4 million...

now without getting into a big you bought crapper players then us debate..thats not really as catastrophic as you made out is it?!startin to sound like a shitty writer from the daily mail or the scum now!

Joycee Banercheck said:
I read this thread last night and thought the Irish Liverpool fan got some unwarranted stick (Rafa32 or summat). That guy seemed to want a genuine debate, but was abused by everyone for fuck all. You're just dense.

To be honest i was just seeing if the site was as bad as people make out..i was thinkin it would be like most forums with a bunchful of idiots who just give it a bad name..but from first glance sadly there arnt many posters like yourself..unless your prepared to crawl up their arses like a bitter fan did in an earlier post prepared to be abused as if your in a schoolyard..

Rafa32 said:
Joycee Banercheck said:

To be honest i was just seeing if the site was as bad as people make out..i was thinkin it would be like most forums with a bunchful of idiots who just give it a bad name..but from first glance sadly there arnt many posters like yourself..unless your prepared to crawl up their arses like a bitter fan did in an earlier post prepared to be abused as if your in a schoolyard..
You should see some of the shit our own fans sling at each other on here when things aren't going too well. There's a lot of decent posters on here with different views that make for good reading, but, unfortunately, there are always some that would rather just get petty (I do it when I'm tanked up). Hope you haven't been put off too much. Reasonable fans are always welcome, yourself included.

haha ye dont worry im not stupid enough to just genarlise the whole forum on the idiots that ive seen there..im hoping that theres a few more posters along the lines of yourself..

Rafa32 said:
pee dubya said:
Dossena, Degen, Lucas, Barragan, Pennant, Babel, Kuyt, Voronin, Keane, Kewell, Josemi, Kromkamp, Nunez, Morientes, Gonzalez.

All value for money eh?

Dossena - cost 7 million..had 1 season..evra was woeful in his first season..not comparing them im just saying its a bit stupid..

Degen - free transfer

Lucas - the lad cost 5 mil and is a 22 year old with a few brazil caps under his belt..On the exact same level as de jong..who if i remember correctely you payed 18 mil for

Barragan - signed him as a youngster for a free sold him for a million quid, with a buy back clause..

Pennant- Less said there the better

Babel - could easily recoup what we payed for him because there are still some gobshites out there who still think he has potential...always will be a what if player

Kuyt - im not even gona say anything here because anything i say will be "disilusional"..by people who have never seen him play more than once

Voronin - free transfer..hertha and a number of clubs willing to pay 4+ million for him.

Keane - we payed 19 million for him wit 1 million with add on clauses..he went back for an initial 12 million with ad ons to bring it up to 19 million

Kewell- mneh wasnt as good as we tght wasnt as bad as people made out

Josemi - signed for 2 million..swapped for kromkamp the following year

kromkamp - as above..sold for 1.5 million?

Nunez - part of the micheal owen deal

morientes - a loss of 3 million

Gonzalez - signed for 4.5 million..sold for 4 million...

now without getting into a big you bought crapper players then us debate..thats not really as catastrophic as you made out is it?!startin to sound like a shitty writer from the daily mail or the scum now!

My point is, it's a bit rich for a Liverpool fan to come on here and start slagging us off about Jo, when in recent years you've signed all of the above, who are/were absolute guff...

Diouf, Diao, Diarra, Cheyrou, Traore, Baros, Biscan, Pongolle, Le Tallec, Cisse, Pellegrino, Diomede.

Sorry but it's good fun listing a whole load of crap players, makes me kind of nostalgic...i'm sure you could fill in some more.

Rafa32 said:

Just thought i'd highlight this.

For all the stick you're giving us over Jo, he too has only had one season. Whilst you compare Dossena to Evra, i'll highlight the first seasons of Drogba and Adebayor. Now i'm not saying Jo will turn out to be a 30mil plus striker chased by the top european clubs, but if the likes of the players we've mentioned all had shockers and went on to become integral players, it's a bit premature to write off Jo, regardless of how much he currently resembles Bambi on ice! ;)

Luckily it does seem a large proportion of his transfer is tied into clauses too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.