The First Game of the Season City vs Newcastle Pre Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday game is good at least for the players coming back from international matches that extra 24-48 hours are good for them.

Expect a strong team and a strong performance, only a win is acceptable, United has bloody hard fixture well at least in August-September, they have to lose many points, hopoefully they will but that is only good if we can get a good 4-5-6 points lead on them after the derby.

Starting 11:

Hart, Clichy, Lescott, Kompany, Zabaleta, Yaya, Fernandinho, Silva, Navas, Dzeko and one more attacker and I dont know who.
Dzeko has the best form from friendly matches also scored two yesterday his confidence is high so he starts for me.

Dont really prefer the Negredo-Dzeko duo, would like two duo instead like Agüero-Negredo and Jovetic-Dzeko, and as Agüero probably not 100 fit yet I would start Jovetic with Dzeko probably.

Bench:

Pantilimon, Richards, Garcia, Milner, Nasri, Negredo, Agüero

Little bit akward for players cant even make the bench this time:
Kolarov, Barry, Rodwell

But a win is needed, and hopefully Swansea can take points off of Moyes. Swansea away is a hard fixture, dont want him to start with an important and hard win.

It's been worryng me all week that until we master this high line I think we will often see a goal or two being conceeded, so I just hope our strikers are on form and our creators are can deliver the chances.

We must start what has been our best team so far in pre-season so players like Navas and Jovetic should start.

Negredo and Dzeko have looked decent so either one of them starting would be a good choice at this moment in time.

I am an optimist by nature, but also a realist when it comes to supporting City. I am much more hopeful and realistic approaching the start of this new season, especially since 3 of the top teams have new managers with something to prove, so the title race should be competitive.
We are stronger up front and in midfield this year. Micah is back and welcome, but we are vulnerable defensively with Nasty's injury and Joe's wobbly displays recently.
So we really need a strong performance and win at home against Newcastle to get us off to a good start. I am less concerned if it is 1 - 0 or 4 - 0 as long as it is a win and a clean sheet.

Well from the pre season games I can't see us getting a clean sheet in this one.

So for me it's a nervy 3 - 1 with the third being late on.

Some nice stuff will be played, but only sporadically as the players struggle to grasp all the new system.

Goals. Silva, Yaya and Dzeko

Probably Ben Arfa for them.

andrewmswift said:
Hart
RB Kompany Lescott Clichy
Yaya Fernandinho
Navas Silva Jovetic
Dzeko

I really wanted to sneak Aleks in there for his ability going forward, but pairing him with Lescott on the left is recipe for disaster. Richards/Zaba is a toss up for me, but I think I lean ever so slightly in favor of Micah.

Jovetic can also play further forward to make it a 4-2-2-2.

That's the one.

Personaly I don't think we need to worry about the high line. For a start the teams we come against early on are going to be far too worried about us and by the time they have worked out how to hurt us we'll have mastered the art by then.

How we line up is anyone's guess. I think we'll leave 2 of the new signings on the bench to be intoduced later so I'm going with:

Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Clichy
Fern Yaya
Navas Nasri Silva
Dzeko

Subs: Panti Zaba Kolarov Rodwell Milner Jovetic Negredo

First game: Dzeko or Negredo or both?

This simple question is driving me crazy for my fantasy footie team.

I have Dzeko in as starter from the beginning but have to admit to being torn as to who Pellegrini will choose.
Dzeko valued at 7.5 million
Negredo valued at 9.5 million

I know they could both start as they have played well in preseason and on international duty.

Questio is who do you think, not want to start!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.