The First Game of the Season City vs Newcastle Pre Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: First game: Dzeko or Negredo or both?

Its a murky situation due to Ageuero's absence. I can see them both playing occasionally when he's unavailable, not when he's fit.

I suspect that MP will initially favour our existing attacking players and phase in Negredo, Navas & Jovetic gradually.

Id be surprisedif the starting line up wasn't

..........................hart

Zab............vinny.......lescott............clichy

................fernandinho.....yay a

....navas................................silva

And the only question mark is whether the two in front of this are negredo and dzeko or negredo and jovetic. I think it will be the first two. Maybe a possibility of Richards instead of zab.

They're both on form but from a managerial perspective you pick the one who has been at City a while in Dzeko. Makes sense to have a fairly settled side and add in Negredo etc at some stage. No point rushing Aguero back from injury now we have such an abundance of different options. I would expect the side to be:

Hart
Zab
Vinny
Lescott
Clichy
Fernandinho
Yaya
Silva
Nasri
Navas
Dzeko

Jovetic and Negredo to be used at some point too.

Hard to pick City players in the fantasy team because you just dont know who will start. I would go for Dzeko though, I think he will start and will score.

Didsbury Dave said:

And the only question mark is whether the two in front of this are negredo and dzeko or negredo and jovetic. I think it will be the first two. Maybe a possibility of Richards instead of zab.

I like the look of Navas and Richards, linked up well against Milan. Those two would scare the shit out of most defenders, pace and power in abundance.

I had Aguero in from the start but when it became clear this week that he wouldn't be starting on Monday I swapped him for Dzeko, can't see how he fan be left out given his pre-season form.

Think im in a minority not expecting Navas to start.

Hart Zaba Kompany Lescott Clichy Yaya Ferna Silva Nasri Milner Dzeko

Bench: Panti Richards Barry Navas Negredo Jovetic

allan harper said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I like the look of Navas and Richards, linked up well against Milan. Those two would scare the shit out of most defenders, pace and power in abundance.
That's worth the admission price in itself I agree. I can see plenty of goals being scored or made down the right if these two link up together.

ell said:
Think im in a minority not expecting Navas to start.

Hart Zaba Kompany Lescott Clichy Yaya Ferna Silva Nasri Milner Dzeko

Bench: Panti Richards Barry Navas Negredo Jovetic

Only 6 on the bench? We need to sign more players.....

Dzeko and Jovetic for me.

allan harper said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I would definitely go for that too

----------Yaya----Ferdy----------
---Milner ---- Silva---- Jovetic---
-----------Negredo--------------

Negredo is more complete and better suited to the one up front role,he'll give us more industry and fight imo.

Bring Navas and Aguero on with half hour to go to put the nail in.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.