The First Game of the Season City vs Newcastle Pre Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
mancity1 said:
Based on talent , skill etc we know we can win well and should win well.

If the workrate and finishing matches the gulf between the two sides again a win.

It would be great to start with a hat full of goals and a clean sheet but we shall see.

Yes all points to a comfortable win for us but new manager new system new players plus expectation of us fans

I really don't think some people realise just how good we actually are it's right to be respectful about all opponents and not go over the top, but to be worried is something I do not understand

Ducado said:
I really don't think some people realise just how good we actually are it's right to be respectful about all opponents and not go over the top, but to be worried is something I do not understand

I agree in part but going off preseason and seeing this is all we can go off regarding on how Pellegrini is going to set his team up, we know we can play some excellent attacking football and score plenty of goals to boot also we know at the moment our defence and how we are going to be set up is going to be under more pressure this season because of Pellegrini attacking management style, just cautious and apprehensive but yes we should win comfortably

waspish said:
Ducado said:

I agree in part but going off preseason and seeing this is all we can go off regarding on how Pellegrini is going to set his team up, we know we can play some excellent attacking football and score plenty of goals to boot also we know at the moment our defence and how we are going to be set up is going to be under more pressure this season because of Pellegrini attacking management style, just cautious and apprehensive but yes we should win comfortably

The beauty of football and in all team sports is the unknown and the should's never translate to do's often enough for nearly all of us to give up our jobs and take up a life of punting.

If we win the battle above the shoulders and control what we know we can we are well on the way to 3 points and the rest should take care of itself.

I don't think the first result of the season is indicative of very much. Rags are not as good ad a 1-4 victory suggests and Arse are not as bad as their 1- 3 defeat suggests.

Of course if we win well against Newcastle we will believe that we are the main contenders just as if we lose, we will think we have way overestimated our ability. We will be better able to judge Pelle's handle on the Premier League and how we will do this season.

But this is all fantasy. The reality is the title was never won or lost on the first day of the season and it will take more than one match to assess how City are doing under the new footballing regime.

Still , can't wait for it to come.

waspish said:
Ducado said:

Well don't go off pre-season then. All it is used for is tactics and fitness. The club won't bother about results.
Monday and onwards is where it counts. Im fully confident of a good season with nice shiny silver prizes.

I'm no cynic said:
Ducado said:
waspish said:
Worried about this game Newcastle have some serious players who WILL punish us on the break and will want to show how good they are like all teams seem to do against us! But we will make shit loads of chances and could easily win 5 or 6-2 if we put those chances away we did against Milan and that was 5-3 one thing for certain Pellegrini will suss how to win well in the premier..
Can you name the Newcastle players who will punish us because even the Newcastle fans can't name them

Joe Kinnear probably can't name them either!
In any case nothing like Dzeko, Jovetic, Sillva, Navas, and YaYa will punish them.

Phil Jones now plays for City

According to NBC

i335.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/</a>

Also, we seem to be playing in red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.