The First Game of the Season City vs Newcastle Pre Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game kicks off at 5am down here in Sydney. That's ok early start and then straight off to work after the game. Might be a bit hard to sleep tonight though!

Come on City play the one touch football like you did against Milan. I think any hint of complacency was knocked out of the lads by the Gooners game.

I think Merlin might weave his magic. If so we will take a power of beating.

Re: Tonight, Tonight, Tonight...

strongbowholic said:
Gonna apologise in advance for a lot of my posts today as I'm losing the plot.

Giddy as fuck and struggled to sleep last night. Cannot wait for our season to start. Keep looking at the clock and it is moving at a bloody snail's pace. Cannot wait to see how we set up, to see the new signings (particularly Navas), the new boss, how the new academy is progressing and even just to see the ground again. Young Master Bow and I have moved seats to SS117 from CB327 due to cost, but buzzing about being in a new part of the ground too.

I loved Mancini to pieces but tonight, it feels like (and I suppose we are with a new boss and Los Dos in charge) we are embarking on a very special new era for City. I just hope we deliver on what feels like a season so full of promise. I actually feel like getting to the ground at 1700hrs I'm that excited!

Just hurry up and get moving along clock. I want it to be kick off time right now :))

You lost the plot years ago.:)
I couldn't sleep last night.spent the night on the couch.i have such a hard day ahead as well,but sometimes you think sod that I will plod about spend time on blue moon and skysports. I will make up for it tomoz

GornikDaze said:
Due to a two hour drive I normally don't drink at a game but staying over in town tonight - happy days!!! Where should we head for a few beers in the city centre before setting off to the ground?
Come on City!!!! I'm going for a 4-0 win :)

City Arms Kennedy Street Manchesater

Pigeonho said:
andrewmswift said:
Pigeonho said:
Where are you from? I always presumed you were a Manchester lad...

I'll take that as a compliment! Originally from Iowa, live in Washington DC.
Excellent. So it'll be afternoon for you when the match kicks off? Do you watch it in a boozer over there or at home?

Yep, 3:00 p.m. I usually watch at home, as I like to stand about two feet away from the TV or pace back and forth across the room. Much more able to handle games while in solitude, I've found.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:01 am --<br /><br />
bobmcfc said:
andrewmswift said:
Pigeonho said:
Where are you from? I always presumed you were a Manchester lad...

If you build it, will they come ?

hah, yes! quality movie.

andrewmswift said:
Pigeonho said:
andrewmswift said:
Excellent. So it'll be afternoon for you when the match kicks off? Do you watch it in a boozer over there or at home?

Yep, 3:00 p.m. I usually watch at home, as I like to stand about two feet away from the TV or pace back and forth across the room. Much more able to handle games while in solitude, I've found.

-- Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:01 am --

bobmcfc said:
andrewmswift said:
If you build it, will they come ?

hah, yes! quality movie.

I would love to visit some places in the US. You lucky man

Re: Tonight, Tonight, Tonight...

mac said:
strongbowholic said:
Gonna apologise in advance for a lot of my posts today as I'm losing the plot.

Giddy as fuck and struggled to sleep last night. Cannot wait for our season to start. Keep looking at the clock and it is moving at a bloody snail's pace. Cannot wait to see how we set up, to see the new signings (particularly Navas), the new boss, how the new academy is progressing and even just to see the ground again. Young Master Bow and I have moved seats to SS117 from CB327 due to cost, but buzzing about being in a new part of the ground too.

I loved Mancini to pieces but tonight, it feels like (and I suppose we are with a new boss and Los Dos in charge) we are embarking on a very special new era for City. I just hope we deliver on what feels like a season so full of promise. I actually feel like getting to the ground at 1700hrs I'm that excited!

Just hurry up and get moving along clock. I want it to be kick off time right now :))

You lost the plot years ago.:)
I couldn't sleep last night.spent the night on the couch.i have such a hard day ahead as well,but sometimes you think sod that I will plod about spend time on blue moon and skysports. I will make up for it tomoz
Hahaha! I'm in exactly the same boat mate. Dozed off about 4:00 and got loads of work to do today but cannot concentrate - I feel so daft; not felt like this for such a long time and at my age I ought to know better.

Looking at some of the team selections in this mornings papers, and it looks like
none of them have got a clue as to what tonight's side will be. Nasri is included
in the Mirror's with no Jovetic and Negredo starting, whereas the times only has
Fernandinho of the new signings starting. I think 3 of the 4 new signings will start.

I've seen no pre season games or any of our newbies in action. I've barely followed city in the close season due to work so tonight will be my first look at them all including the new boss

bobmcfc said:
I've seen no pre season games or any of our newbies in action. I've barely followed city in the close season due to work so tonight will be my first look at them all including the new boss
Pre season has been weird for me. I know you cannot judge anything by it but there were times I was a little underwhelmed and times we looked amazing. Desperate to see the real thing tonight. I know it's probably been done to death but Navas looks exciting as hell, Negredo scored a quality goal for Spain versus Ecuador and looks the business and I really, really like the look of Jovetic too. Spoiled for choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.