The Foodies thread

balotellishaircut

Team supported
City
Apologies if this is already a thing, I couldn’t see one.

What are you cooking and what are your favourite foods ?

I love cooking, so making something from scratch is like escapism for me.

Obviously I love cooking a roast, I also made a lamb masala the other night which the wife said was “very good”

But the thing I’d love to master/do is a Beef Wellington, that would be me climbing Mount Everest, I’m just not confident about doing the flaky puff pastry.

Apologies if this is already a thing, I couldn’t see one.

What are you cooking and what are your favourite foods ?

I love cooking, so making something from scratch is like escapism for me.

Obviously I love cooking a roast, I also made a lamb masala the other night which the wife said was “very good”

But the thing I’d love to master/do is a Beef Wellington, that would be me climbing Mount Everest, I’m just not confident about doing the flaky puff pastry.
Buy the pastry in, easy.......Making puff or flakey pastry is more of a faff

I recently cooked up a seasoned meat and potatoe pie using shortcrust pastry from scratch and it was utterly delicious. I like pies but of late have become disillusioned with Hollands and Puka that are overpriced for the content.

Our favourite dish of the moment that we enjoy cooking is Chicken Kebabs Big Night In. This particular product is so tasty that sometimes the supermarkets sell out, so when they become available we tend to just buy in bulk. They can be bought @4 for £2.50 on offer.

The integral part of this dish is the chicken, and we now only use Oakwood Gold reared from a Hubbard bird.

7dyO8cC.jpg

Here are some of the other ingrediants

T7h6Y9N.jpg

Serves two.
Place into a bowl 500 grams of diced chicken breast, then open up one packet of Big Night In Chicken Kebab and throughly hand mix together. Allow the Mix to aromate and assimilate into the breast meat for two hours. Place the marinated chicken into your air fryer for 13 minutes at mark 200 and turn for the last 2 minutes.

After the final turn, take a Deli Kitchen Greek flat bread and warm up in the grill for a few minutes. Add the chicken to your Greek flat bread and garnish with lashings of garlic mayonaise. Add a small sprig of basil and some side salad for display, and then serve up with a beer of your choice.

An excellent meal for the game tonight served with Cruzcampo to assimilate the merging of the English and Spanish. Cruzcampo being Spains no's 1 lager beer and the Kebab being intrinsicly English. Bon Apetite:

2P4z9YI.jpg

Last edited:
I recently baked up a seasoned meat and potatoe pie using shortcrust pastry from scratch and it was utterly delitious. I like pies, but of late have become disallutioned with Holland and Puka that remain overpriced for what they are.

Our favourite dish of the moment that we enjoy cooking is the Chicken Kebab Big Night In. This particular product is so agreable that sometimes the supermarkets sell out, so when they become available we tend to just buy in bulk. They can be bought @4 for £2.50 on special offer,

The integral part of the dish is the chicken, and we only use Oakwood Gold reared from a Hubbard broiler.

7dyO8cC.jpg

Here are some of the other ingrediants

T7h6Y9N.jpg

Serves two.
Place into a bowl 500 grams of diced chicken breast, then open up one packet of Big Night In Chicken Kebab and throughly hand mix together. Allow the Mix to aromate and assimilate into the breast meat for two hours. Place the marinated chicken into your air fryer for 13 minutes at mark 200 and turn for the last 2 minutes.

After the final turn, take a Deli Kitchen Greek flat bread and warm up in the grill for a few minutes. Add the chicken to your Greek flat bread and garnish with lashings of garlic mayonaise. Add a small sprig of basil and some side salad for display, and then serve up with a beer of your choice.

An excellent meal for the game tonight served with Cruzcampo to assimilate the merging of the English and Spanish. Cruzcampo being Spains nos 1 lager beer and Kebabs being intrinsicly English. Bon Apetite:

2P4z9YI.jpg
This is barely cooking.

Decent enough for a quick midweek tea but surely you can post better than this.

I made my own dauphinoise potatoes to accompany a couple of sirloin steaks for me and my wife last night.

Was gorgeous and really easy.

Maris piper potatoes
Garlic
Cream
Salt
Pepper
Nutmeg
(Didn't bother with gruyere cheese)

Slice the potatoes thinly and mince the garlic into a puree type consistency. Mix together adding salt and pepper.

Layer the potatoes and garlic in an oven proof dish and pour over enough cream so that the potatoes will basically boil in the cream. Pinch of nutmeg on the top.

Put in the oven at about 135/140 for at least an hour and a half. Check that the potatoes have softened. If not, put back the oven for another 20 minutes or until softened.

Easy, cheap and proper tasty. I reckon a bit of onion and pancetta running through it would make it a meal in itself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.