The Formation to get the best out of us

All home games in league bar arsenal and away games bar arsenal chelsea spuds I, d go

Hart

zabba kompany nasty kolarov

Fernandinho yaya
silva nasri

Aguero negredo

and for all other games I, d go with

Hart

zabba kompany nasty clichy

Fernandinho
Yaya silva

Aguero negredo nasri

NoahCity said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
Firasdo said:
___________________Hart________________

Zaba______Komp_____Lescott____Clichy

____________Yaya____Fernandinho_____

Silva_________Jovetic_________Nasri

_____________Aguero______________

I'd go with this, with the exception of Lescott. He is utter dog muck!
Still a quality defender and showed it yesterday.

OMG.......................try darts - much less complicated.

I also would like to see this formation:

-------------------------Hart----------------------------

Zab-----------Kompany------Nasty---------Kolorov

----------Dinho------------------Milner---------------

---Nasri---------------Yaya-------------Silva-------

--------------------Aguero/Negredo-----------------

with Navas coming in for Nasri, and Jovetic coming in for Silva. I would always have at least one of Silva or Nasri in the game though.

All home games in league bar arsenal and away games bar arsenal chelsea spuds I, d go

Hart

zabba kompany nasty kolarov

Fernandinho yaya
silva nasri

Aguero negredo

and for all other games I, d go with

Hart

zabba kompany nasty clichy

Fernandinho
Yaya silva

Aguero negredo nasri

CaliBoy said:
I also would like to see this formation:

-------------------------Hart----------------------------

Zab-----------Kompany------Nasty---------Kolorov

----------Dinho------------------Milner---------------

---Nasri---------------Yaya-------------Silva-------

--------------------Aguero/Negredo-----------------

with Navas coming in for Nasri, and Jovetic coming in for Silva. I would always have at least one of Silva or Nasri in the game though.

Nail on head. The 3 behind the striker can keep the ball all day long, score goals, create goals and not have to worry to much defensively coz they got two 'ratters' behind them.

Firasdo said:

Dont understand the obsession with 4-2-3-1... teams packed the middle pushed us out wide, with no natural width last season, aguero couldnt win headers against big cb's and teams just hit us on the counter, why will that formation work under pellegrini work when it didnt win under mancini (without barry and tevez) ?

It is more how the players apply themselves.

We could play 4 4 2, 4 1 2 1 1, 4 2 2 2, 4 2 3 1, 4 4 1 1 without there being that much difference.

NoahCity said:
-------------------------Hart------------------------
Zab-------Kompany-----Nastasic----Kolarov/Clichy
----------Fernandinho--Yaya-----------------------
---Navas/Milner---Silva-------------Nasri-------
------------------Aguero/Negredo------------------
Plenty of variation of course with Richards possibly coming in at RB, Demichelis and Lescott at CB, Rodwell at DM with Yaya pushed up, Jovetic out left. But we really should play 4-2-3-1.

Agreed the midfield battle won, means you are unlikely to lose a match, and generally will win the match, well unless you have kamikaze defending like at Villa......but that was down to taking Nasri off and bringing a fancy dan on. Exactly the same thing happened at Cardiff, so hopefully lesson learned, the hard way!!

Corky said:
It is more how the players apply themselves.

We could play 4 4 2, 4 1 2 1 1, 4 2 2 2, 4 2 3 1, 4 4 1 1 without there being that much difference.
Do agree with fully with that, but I personally think formation wise 2 strikers, ie. Negredo and aguero playing together are great to watch and when both pressing the ball in defence and working hard in attack are more dangerous than playing a very predictable 4-2-3-1 and last season proved that. Mourinho's 4-2-3-1 works because it based around hard working, disciplined players but bloody boring!

RobertBlue said:
Firasdo said:

Dont understand the obsession with 4-2-3-1... teams packed the middle pushed us out wide, with no natural width last season, aguero couldnt win headers against big cb's and teams just hit us on the counter, why will that formation work under pellegrini work when it didnt win under mancini (without barry and tevez) ?

Mancini almost never played the 4231. He played with 2 strikers mostly. He sometimes adjusted to a 4231 (when Yaya got pushed up), but seldom started or played the system consistently. The problem then, as it is now, is that we had 4 strikers and almost always had to play 2 of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.