The FTSE

There’s going to be some big winners and losers on the short squeezes, but it won’t all be the hedge funds. It’s fun to watch but I haven’t been getting involved there. There’s some really good value out there at the minute in the FTSE. I like defence, with everything going on they still announced the biggest commitment to the sector ever last year.

- Babcock is extremely low (recovered from 200 to about 233 already) but there market cap of 1.1bn puts them in takeover territory - 603 a year ago today. Profit warnings on some of their programmes though.

- BAE systems is down at 462 and still managed to 23.2p dividend in 2020. They delayed the final 2019 dividend but caught up. Nearly a 5% return on the dividend alone and I’d expect the price to recover too. They’ve steadily dropped from 500 along with the FTSE in the last two weeks.

- Rolls Royce - 92! A little more cautious about Rolls because of they’re cash issues but the price is so volatile there’s good money to be made short-term for traders and you’d expect long-term for investors they’ll still be around. Less defence I suppose and more impacted by civil flying but the vaccine really should see it it. Perhaps a safer bet is IAG because of their Qatar backing and access to cash? Fun to watch at least.
All 3 have benefited from the latest boost;
- Rolls closed 107
- Babcock closed 262
- BAE closed 485

BAE announce results on Thursday so will be keeping an eye out. Stable profit business but will have to see how they’re doing for cash and whether they announce their usual final dividend. Expect they’ll do ok.

Tesla down at 680 from its 880 high, worth keeping an eye on? I assume the entire S&P is taking a hit from Bidens announcement to print loads of money and subsequent drop in the strength of the US.

All 3 have benefited from the latest boost;
- Rolls closed 107
- Babcock closed 262
- BAE closed 485

BAE announce results on Thursday so will be keeping an eye out. Stable profit business but will have to see how they’re doing for cash and whether they announce their usual final dividend. Expect they’ll do ok.

Tesla down at 680 from its 880 high, worth keeping an eye on? I assume the entire S&P is taking a hit from Bidens announcement to print loads of money and subsequent drop in the strength of the US.

I have just cashed out half of my rolls after saying I would hold long term made 19 percent in a few weeks. Been very very lucky with my timings this year with RBS circa 90 to 160 and this being my two big punts.

Bad couple of days for everything if the funds in my portfolio are anything to go by. Was just about to shift some to cash as well but hate to sell when they are down

Its mostly tech related companies. Funds heavy with tech will have been hit hard. The Baillie Gifford US Growth Investment trust down 7% today.

I have just cashed out half of my rolls after saying I would hold long term made 19 percent in a few weeks. Been very very lucky with my timings this year with RBS circa 90 to 160 and this being my two big punts.
Can’t complain - what have you put your cashed out funds into? I still think RR at 107 have a long way to go. A genuine long-term road to recovery, unless you can ride the ups and downs for profit along the way, but I am pretty passive.

Can’t complain - what have you put your cashed out funds into? I still think RR at 107 have a long way to go. A genuine long-term road to recovery, unless you can ride the ups and downs for profit along the way, but I am pretty passive.

I haven’t - taken it out and will live on it for while. Will feel good spending money made doing nothing in a month and can live on it for best part of a year.

My pension has took a big hit this past week.
I'm sure someone on here say it will take off..
We need SWP for some experience on this

Apologies if it’s been asked before, but what’s the best platform to use for trading? Got about £5k spare and want to put in low-medium risk stocks instead of the bank

My pension has took a big hit this past week.
I'm sure someone on here say it will take off..
We need SWP for some experience on this
similar, from my view it looks like the corp bonds and guilts have a taken a hit in the past 2 weeks. I'm assuming people have been moving to equities........but who knows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.