The FTSE

Problem is that central bank measures can provide liquidity but that's hardly counteract a sustained - if temporary - drop in consumer demand.

I’m in the fortunate position that I can wait for my investments to go back up. If the experience of post 2009 is repeated, they’ll be back up within a couple of years and will do much better than the market in general. The only concern is that I’m more down in 3 weeks now than I was in the 5 months it took from 2008 to 2009 to reach the bottom, and there’s no clue as to when it will hit the bottom. It wouldn’t surprise me if it halves by the time it hits the bottom. One thing’s for sure is that it’s too late to bail out. The losses would be too big.

Lets hope it does recover quickly. After the Wall Street Crash of 1929, it took the Dow until 1954 to reach the levels it had pre crash.

I personally feel very uneasy about this now. I work in this industry and it doesn’t feel good. I am trying to reassure people but panic is setting in.

Lets hope it does recover quickly. After the Wall Street Crash of 1929, it took the Dow until 1954 to reach the levels it had pre crash.

I personally feel very uneasy about this now. I work in this industry and it doesn’t feel good. I am trying to reassure people but panic is setting in.
IMG_334102.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a six year world war in between?

I think that once it becomes clear what's going to happen, irrespective of how bad it's going to be, markets will start their recovery. At the moment though, it seems there's no sign that there's any consensus at all and the uncertainty will only push markets one way.

Panic on the street should set in - I can't stress enough that the tentacles spreading out from this are beyond anything we have had to deal with before; QE/central bank interventions are totally useless at this stage which you should all know as Trump made a complete tit of himself again on tv last night with his grand announcement of the fed cutting rates to zero (he clearly didn't even know what he was talking about) that he had saved the world's financial system and went on to misrepresent the market bounce on Friday - are his base that bloody stupid??

Thankfully the banking system managed to get their houses in order after 2008 so at least the tier 1/2 capital buffers will be there but I hope they were very pessimistic with their stress tests they did!

Hedge fund managers are short selling nearly every indice out there and making a fortune and unless you have purchased or gone long of the VIX the volatility index; government bonds were the play a bit earlier on in this situation you will be get burnt here looking for the bottom. Stay away from the corporate bond market as well as that's a powder keg that could go off.

People are going to be feeling a lot poorer when they get their next private pension statement, best change your password and loose it for a while than keep checking it every day.

It's the realisation that this isn't over in a Month.
A bloke on the telly claimed it’s because the markets were taken by surprise by the strength of the Feds actions and were asking the question “what do they know that we don’t?”

A bloke on the telly claimed it’s because the markets were taken by surprise by the strength of the Feds actions and were asking the question “what do they know that we don’t?”

They know that this is an extreme measure by the fed (strong armed by trump) and suspect the administration are privy to information that they are holding back and have put two and two together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.