The FTSE

Interesting read
Bit wank that really. They’re meant to be the experts.

They should be moderating the risk by ensuring the portfolio is invested across markets….bonds, cash, tracker funds (Global), precious metals, commodities… admittedly maybe should avoid govt debt until the effects of QE abate.

It's a market and not a machine. Prices move on an imbalance between supply and demand. Fear invites sellers and greed invites buyers. Rational thinking goes right out of the window.

Just take some time to establish what kind of world we are in and what it will become in the future. Here in Britain the population has rocketed in my lifetime and this means there is a shortage of housing and a shortage of land to build on. With these shortages there is a struggle to feed everyone. Supply and demand being what it is, a constant rise in prices is likely but it won't happen in a straight line and stock market prices will reflect this.

Will be above 8000 this year. Buy in today and a good chance getting 10 percentage return at some point in next 6 months. At worst 12. Always buy the dip.
I honestly believe the FTSE will end the year not far off 8000, Lets see.
The above post was 26 October 2021 on page 178. The FTSE 100 was barely 7500 by the end of 2021.

The above post was 26 October 2021 on page 178. The FTSE 100 was barely 7500 by the end of 2021.

It has been above 8000 at one point since October 2001. So my point was exactly correct. Still is. I believe it will be 8000 again at some point in the next 12 months - let’s see.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.