The FTSE

Can you put existing shareholdings into a new Stocks and Shares ISA or do you have to open the ISA then buy shares to put in to it?
You, have to open an ISA and then buy shares to put into them. If you hold the shares already with an ISA provider they may do the transfer at low cost, but you are liable for CGT on any profit you have made and have to pay stamp duty as I understand it.

I’ve received some compensation and I’ve been practising on etoro. I’m thinking of buying a couple of thousand pounds worth of stock spread across 2/3 of these company’s. Any advice would be appreciated. I have read that carnival is overvalued but I have very little knowledge really except a couple of months worth of watching said stock.

Rolls Royce
Freeport-mcmoran
Carnival
Anglo america

I’ve received some compensation and I’ve been practising on etoro. I’m thinking of buying a couple of thousand pounds worth of stock spread across 2/3 of these company’s. Any advice would be appreciated. I have read that carnival is overvalued but I have very little knowledge really except a couple of months worth of watching said stock.

Rolls Royce
Freeport-mcmoran
Carnival
Anglo america
Risky in my view to limit yourself to so few stocks although RR in particular has advocates on here. You’d be better, in my view at least, to invest in a fund that covers a much larger spread of companies. Potential gains and losses would be evened out

Risky in my view to limit yourself to so few stocks although RR in particular has advocates on here. You’d be better, in my view at least, to invest in a fund that covers a much larger spread of companies. Potential gains and losses would be evened out
Thanks I have also looked into this, and it’s defiantly another option on the table. RR are the one I’m most interested in being honest, I am taking a risk though tbf with my limited knowledge.

Rolls Royce
Freeport-mcmoran
Carnival
Anglo america
I think RR are very much for the long term. There's a lot of uncertainty about whether and how long it will take aviation to get back where it was. It could be that there will be less business travel in future due to the expansion of online working meaning that the market for aero-engines may not fully recover. I can see RR being volatile for several years.
On the other hand Carnival should do ok. There are millions of people who can't wait to have a cruise and I think they will pick up where they left off. Short term bad news may impact the price but medium term they should do ok. Their share price is still less than half what it was pre-pandemic and may take a long time to fully recover due to their additional debt burden. I bought in at the bottom when they were just over £6 and I'm holding.
Don't know anything about the other two.
Having said all that I'm often wrong and have no qualifications in personal finance so it's just my opinion.

I think RR are very much for the long term. There's a lot of uncertainty about whether and how long it will take aviation to get back where it was. It could be that there will be less business travel in future due to the expansion of online working meaning that the market for aero-engines may not fully recover. I can see RR being volatile for several years.
On the other hand Carnival should do ok. There are millions of people who can't wait to have a cruise and I think they will pick up where they left off. Short term bad news may impact the price but medium term they should do ok. Their share price is still less than half what it was pre-pandemic and may take a long time to fully recover due to their additional debt burden. I bought in at the bottom when they were just over £6 and I'm holding.
Don't know anything about the other two.
Having said all that I'm often wrong and have no qualifications in personal finance so it's just my opinion.
Thanks, yes that all makes sense to me, I had a similar thought process but I was thinking rolls Royce might shoot up a little sooner but I understand your logic. It’s difficult but I’m prepared to sit on my shares for a while if I have to.

I’ve decided I’m going to take the risk and invest in some crypto currency’s I’m thinking ripple, ethereum and litecoin. I’ve been practising on etoro, does anyone have any advice of which platform to invest through, are you allowed to buy from etoro when you are in the uk.

I’ve decided I’m going to take the risk and invest in some crypto currency’s I’m thinking ripple, ethereum and litecoin. I’ve been practising on etoro, does anyone have any advice of which platform to invest through, are you allowed to buy crypto from etoro when you are in the uk.

I’ve decided I’m going to take the risk and invest in some crypto currency’s I’m thinking ripple, ethereum and litecoin. I’ve been practising on etoro, does anyone have any advice of which platform to invest through, are you allowed to buy from etoro when you are in the uk.
So long as you’re aware it’s a punt/gamble and not an investment then you can’t go wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.