The Full Members Cup

Was out nearly all night on the Saturday celebrating our comeback in the 2-2 at Old Scaffold before being woken to realise we were late setting off for Wembley the following morning. Can you imagine nowadays playing a Wembley final the day after a derby? Thought the whole thing was a farce to be honest, most City fans were in the bar when Lillis scored his hat trick. Trouble afterwards just to help the long journey home with a horrible hangover still from previous night. a day to forget for me!

no Bradford didn't go up, it was Villa, Millwall and Boro who won the playoffs , we won promotion following season at Bradford
Good shout - just checked and they finished in play offs and one point behind Millwall.
I see we were division’s second highest scorers and had same GD as Villa but lost 17 games.
That must have been the Boro v Chelsea play off matches too. Carnage!

Good shout - just checked and they finished in play offs and one point behind Millwall.
I see we were division’s second highest scorers and had same GD as Villa but lost 17 games.
That must have been the Boro v Chelsea play off matches too. Carnage!
yes wasn't it bottom of div 1 (Chelsea) against top of div 2 (Boro) and Boro won over 2 legs remember it going off at the bridge

102 arrests!

And because of that, we played them early on in the next season with all the terraces closed as punishment.

Plenty of blues doing their best not to look happy in the Main Stand as we won, 3-1 I think.

My memory was turning up for the Leeds home game as a 13yo with my £3 in my pocket to get in or whatever it was (should have been). Then being told that there was no junior concession prices, asking around the Kippax car park for cash off match goers and only getting a few pence except for a nice Irish chap gave me and my mate a quid each. Was still short and really pissed off with City/Swales for doing this. Still don't understand his thinking for a non-poplular game.
Missed the final despite having, lift, ticket and digs sorted as my dad was too worried about violence. He was right.

Got a bit of a doing on the walk up from Warwick road to the derby and even worse the day after when 80 took on 800 near Wembley.plus a long drive home on a coach with no windows. Happiest days of my life

Got the Special down there and then left at 5-1 with various messages on the way to the Car to the effect “it’s 5-3” now etc -which of course we dismissed as bollocks
As for the Rumble there was indeed plenty of Chelsea at it that day -it was well iffy.
The general attitude though was that the Big game of the W/E was the 2-2 against the Scum the day before

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.