**** the G14 league

Crikey, City were fucking pap tonight,

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Right lets get one thing cleared.... those of you saying fuck the champions league are talking crap, saying that we should boycott it etc, well you might as well tell our owners to pull everything out of the club and go somewhere else to try.

Yes the ref was shit and we have had a fair few dodgy decisions, but tonight was a disgrace both in terms of the players and the tactics. The fact is we have been shit in Europe and in the league for some time. At the minute we are now the laughing stock of European football and deserve the slating in all honesty because those recent displays by the team fuel that fire

Progress is what the owners want, not to actually piss the governing body of European football off,

No doubt serious questions need to be addressed because it seems not to be a happy camp at the minute. Proper test at the weekend because if Pellegrini can't get a performance from them, god knows what will happen

Exactly, 2 points from 4 games is an absolute joke. It's got bollock all to do with corruption.

I think we should sod financial fair play, let's buy some young talent like Reus or Pogba, sod the fine and uefa, they can kick us out of Europe and we just win the league every year.

I think we should sod financial fair play, let's buy some young talent like Reus or Pogba, sod the fine and uefa, they can kick us out of Europe and we just win the league every year.

mainemanc1066 said:

Why would Pogba or Reus come here without European football? Plenty of teams out could offer them it. Pogba already has it at Juve. Dortmund won't next year probably.

You might not give a toss about the CL but the man who has put a billion squid into this club sure as fuck cares about it and it is his opinion that matters not yours. It's time the players, manager, coaches everyone took some fucking responsibility and stopped blaming bad luck or refs or an agenda and accept we are not playing good enough and do something about it. Sulking and taking our ball home cos the other kids are better than us is not the answer.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Right lets get one thing cleared.... those of you saying fuck the champions league are talking crap, saying that we should boycott it etc, well you might as well tell our owners to pull everything out of the club and go somewhere else to try.

Yes the ref was shit and we have had a fair few dodgy decisions, but tonight was a disgrace both in terms of the players and the tactics. The fact is we have been shit in Europe and in the league for some time. At the minute we are now the laughing stock of European football and deserve the slating in all honesty because those recent displays by the team fuel that fire

Progress is what the owners want, not to actually piss the governing body of European football off,

No doubt serious questions need to be addressed because it seems not to be a happy camp at the minute. Proper test at the weekend because if Pellegrini can't get a performance from them, god knows what will happen
Absolutely this .
The owners want CL success both for financial and business prestige reasons- they were even prepared to take theFFP "pinch" to achieve it.
As for refs - well it's only three days since our last whinge about pisspoor reffing and no doubt there will be more to come soon - we never agree that they get everything right - we just have to learn to deal with it.

Frustration makes every decision look bad, every booking look biased, every penalty claim a stone wall denial...

but the truth is, we weren't good enough tonight.

We are a good team, we have great players, but we lack confidence, composure and tactics in CL.

CSKA did a perfect job on us. Entirely set up to counter, and we had plenty of warnings about it, but we still continued to press high up the pitch leaving an acre of space behind us. It was clear they had lightning pace, but we did nothing to counter it.

No excuses, we don't deserve to get out of the group. The table isn't lying, nobody is 'fixing' results. WE are the masters of our own downfall.

I'm no fan of UEFA, I loathe some of their actions, but watching that tonight, was very poor.
I'll admit it, I was all too eager to blame the ref too. But doing well in the CL means winning regardless of poor decisions.

For most of out PL games, we've been allowed to take things nice and easy and usually outplay teams. In the CL, we are playing quality teams. We cannot afford to be playing casual balls across midfield that are being intercepted time and time again, and priming teams for a perfect counter attack. Nor can we keep trying to thread a ball through the eye of a needle... essentially between 4 or 5 defenders. It's costing us possession time and again. In the PL, one in twenty attempts at this might result in a goal. In the CL 19 out of 20 attempts at that result in a counter attack.

Generally speaking, I can't fault the work rate of most of our players tonight. That wasn't a problem in my eyes, but we lacked intelligence and variation in our play.

A very disappointing night, but we got what we deserved. Well played CSKA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.