The game is off

Fucking brilliant. Just done a 50-mile round trip up the M66 in high winds for fuck all. But apparently it's for our safety when you call it off just as fans who travel from far away are arriving and long after they set off. No, safety would be calling it off well before time because you've had advance notice of high winds all day and red warning issued last night. Cheers City, cheers a fucking bunch. Can I be reimbursed for petrol because some fucking incompetents can't decide it's too windy until an hour before kick off?

bluegirl74 said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
Fooking gutted. Sitting in legends with 60 international visitors. Wtf are we supposed to do? Play subbuteo?

i know we're not in the cellar now but can only suggest that you finish your meal, chat to the legends until your guests get bored then find a lap dancing bar.

Happened to me in hospitality for burnley v Liverpool about 10 years ago. We'd had our meal and a few pints and then the game was called off. We got a full refund, if that's any consolation.

In fact that reminds me of being a guest at a big golf competition down south. Fucking rained all day, was stuck with some boring suppliers for about 8 hours and couldn't even drink as I was driving. All sat staring at each other round a table, desperately trying to stop the conversation drying up, hoping the play started.

I hate golf but was desperate to see some that day.

Mancity1980 said:
franksinatra said:
Pigeonho said:
Me too. It was a big fucking puddle. Think we were one up and he called it just before half time.
t 2-0

Was it no 2-0 with Vonky playing upfront? If I remember rightly the rematch was Franny Lees first game as chairman and probably the best trick I have seen at Maine Road performed by Rocky Rocastle.

Yes that's right, that Rocastle trick set up a goal for that ex-shrewbury player (Griffiths or something?)
Carl Griffiths.

Skashion said:
Fucking brilliant. Just done a 50-mile round trip up the M66 in high winds for fuck all. But apparently it's for our safety when you call it off just as fans who travel from far away are arriving and long after they set off. No, safety would be calling it off well before time because you've had advance notice of high winds all day and red warning issued last night. Cheers City, cheers a fucking bunch. Can I be reimbursed for petrol because some fucking incompetents can't decide it's too windy until an hour before kick off?

Understand the irritation but come on, if they called it off at say 5 p.m. and then at 7 it was still, we'd all be thinking the world's gone mad. Unfortunately the weather is a bugger to predict.

Rammy Blue said:
Skashion said:

Understand the irritation but come on, if they called it off at say 5 p.m. and then at 7 it was still, we'd all be thinking the world's gone mad. Unfortunately the weather is a bugger to predict.
It's not even that bad. It's windy. Big deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.