The game is off

Stretford Ender said:
I,ve been telling my blue mates all day the game will be off,scandalous decision to leave it so late ,not having a go at City,the police should have called it off at 16-30 when it was quite clear that it was going to be a one off weather situation.
We,ll let everyone set off ,chance getting stuck in already bad traffic situation and chance damage to your vehicle or worst to individuals ,then call it off an hour before the KO , typical no thought for the general public.
Let's face it the game would have been a complete farce in weather conditions such as this.

Bang on.... I was in our Stockport office this afternoon and it was atrocious weather wise from around 2... Parked at the Velodrome after driving to the ground and it was obvious after walking from there to MacD's that the weather and wind especially was very bad... They could and should have called it off at least 1 hour before!

Leaving the Velodrome a large piece of roof cladding flew across the road so the decision was right... The timing a joke

The wind has just started to die down a bit now here on the Fylde Coast, the worst storm I have seen for years

Even though I had a wasted journey and a hair raising journey back home, it was the right decision, and could be advantageous in the long run

corky1970 said:
Ducado said:
The wind has just started to die down a bit now here on the Fylde Coast, the worst storm I have seen for years

Even though I had a wasted journey and a hair raising journey back home, it was the right decision, and could be advantageous in the long run

Serves you right for holidaying in Blackpool in February you daft ****

Ha, Ha

Was the right decision. Managed to get to the pub, have a pint with few Sunderland fans. Felt sorry for them as they have a journey back home tonight.

Safety is a priority for the fans, plus in this weather the players would have had to exert more energy due to the conditions.

For me it's 1 less game before 2 absolutely crucial games in the next 7 days

Ducado said:

Was in Blackpool at 5pm. That was windy! Nearly blew me over. Car was shaking all the way home.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Ducado said:

Was in Blackpool at 5pm. That was windy! Nearly blew me over. Car was shaking all the way home.

FFS, tell it to man up

Well that was a waste of time. Just got in after getting to the stadium at 6.35 to find it was called off. Roads all blocked coming home.
I can fully understand the reasons for calling it off but why wait so late when this weather was forecast all week.

Weather is twice as bad back here in Blackpool than it was in Manchester by the way. Feel really sorry for the Sunderland and Palace fans. Obviously the fans don't matter anymore. Either that or the police are clueless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.