The game is off

SSN presenter seems to think City and Everton are clubs from the North East.

P.S Liverpool now 1 point behind us! One!

I was going to the game with my brother. He met me in town to say that he couldn't go because his trains were delayed or cancelled and he didn't want to risk getting stranded. There will have been a lot of people like that.

I'm OK about it because we will be stronger against CFC and Barcelona and when we do get around to playing Sunderland, we should have a few players back. I think the game was playable footballing wise, but I'd rather play them in good conditions as bad weather can be an equaliser

Just back home in Northampton, after a 7 hour trip to Stoke and back, including 2 hours crawling from Junctions 13 to 15 of M6, before spending 2 hours stationary, half a mile from Keele Services.

We'd just come to the decision to turn around, as we would never make the game, when it was called off, unfortunately we were stuck in solid jam for next 2 hours, whilst fallen trees were cut up and removed from motorway. Still at least the return journey was improved by Rags and Arsenal both dropping 2 points.

Danamy said:
If your journey was that dangerous then why put yourself in danger, I don't understand?
I've already said we're tits for doing it if you care to look. All football fans are tits. Being a football fan is completely illogical and we're all mad bastards. Just some are worse than ours.

not long in from "working" the game tonight and there has been a bit of damage about the stadium, the wooden fencing between the East stand and the car park had been broken by the wind with massive sections being blown over the place and rather large chunks of wood bouncing about.

at least 1 of the boxes selling programmes got blown over,
a marquee that has been put up for the Barca game has been damaged and nearly got blown into the stadium
where the building work behind the south stand is that was effectivly a wind tunnel, any fences put there were blown away, was increddibly difficult to walk around for fully grown men, children would of had no chance in parts.

was called off once GMP had done a walk of the site assessing the situation, very lucky no one was injured there tonight

I so love the fact that the Didsbury Diva turns out to be not only the worlds greatest footie expert but also the Health and Safety guru of the board

All the wind forecasts were saying it was going to be 50/60 it's been approaching all day . They can see and feel how strong it's so why leave it so late in the day . When it hit which it as done in so many places and early on in the day , they call it off . Which living not to far from the ground was the right call , it's the travelling fans that are let down both time and expense .

Skashion said:
Danamy said:
If your journey was that dangerous then why put yourself in danger, I don't understand?
I've already said we're tits for doing it if you care to look. All football fans are tits. Being a football fan is completely illogical and we're all mad bastards. Just some are worse than ours.

I have now cared to look and you're right, you're a tit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.