The game is off

CheshireMark said:
Danamy said:
Damocles said:
Bang on. The Everton game was called off because apparently the tile from a roof on the way there were getting damaged blown into the street by the winds.

Can you imagine the absolute uproar from people if they knew this was happening, let the game go ahead, and somebody got injured?

The GMP and Safety Officer did their jobs tonight, which was to call of the game when they couldn't guarantee the safety of all the attendees. The lateness of the decision is because wind speed and impact on such a local scale are almost impossible to predict and they wanted to give the game every opportunity to go ahead. 1 hour before the game is when most games get called off for this type of thing, and we were ahead of Everton by 15 minutes. I don't presume their Safety Officer is "getting the sack" either.

Some really ridiculous opinions on here at times.

Spot on

Amazing how many people are happy to put themselves and others in danger to watch a football match?

The people who are saying why leave it so late, I'm sure they were waiting to see if it died down but it didn't, shit happens and the call was correct for everyone.

What a wanker
Well said mate.

Harvster said:
Question for people of a certain age.
Only other City game I can remember being postponed whilst on route to the game would have been in the mid to late 70s.
We had just reached Claremont Road on our way to our usual spot on Santiago Street, when my dad got told by a bloke in a car coming the other way that the game was off due to the fog.
Anybody know who we would have been playing?
(I don't have a clue by the way!)

Think it was Villa, well that's the only one I remember from back then!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.