The General Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
whp.blue said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
OB1 said:
You can do whatever you want if it is legal. This is a democracy, thank goodness, and we should all cherish the fact that we got a free vote yesterday. Nothing wrong with being happy when you win but gloating is something else.

how is it ? if labour would have won there would have been loads of posts on here gloating. i wouldn't be bothered about it or let it affect me ? i understand politicians shouldn't gloat, but voters can. Don't see why not ?

Because the Mods are already pissed off a couple a whole lot more than others and one appears to be
taking the whole result as a personal loss

Not true, if you can't see why we get pissed off a the the childish behaviour of a small minority there is no helping you

Damocles said:
kas_tippler said:
SWP's back said:
Brilliant although a few on here thought the name and claimed the Tories ere running scared when we mocked the sham.
Stupid but not as stupid as I expected, compassion i agree with.

This is my problem with Brand - "we need a compassionate society" literally means nothing at all. Any act can be skewed as "compassionate". You could say that the Holocaust was a compassionate act where millions of people were helpfully clothed, fed and given a job by the state then allowed to enter paradise earlier than expected.

Compassion is a spin word that politicians use entirely because it means everything and nothing. When Brand says it what he is actually saying is "I don't know what to do"[/quote]
Bang on the money. It's not just Brand either.

whp.blue said:
Damocles said:
CEfsB5fW8AANpPj.png

Conservative loss = 3 X Magnums 1996 boerl & kroff brut

Where are you buying your ice creams

As I'm not long in from work, have we had anyone complaining about UKIPs share of the vote, but lack of seats? Maybe some reference to the SNP gaining a shite load of seats after such a low proportion of the vote?

They're going to have to look at the menu in the House of Commons canteen......!

Ducado said:
whp.blue said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
how is it ? if labour would have won there would have been loads of posts on here gloating. i wouldn't be bothered about it or let it affect me ? i understand politicians shouldn't gloat, but voters can. Don't see why not ?

Because the Mods are already pissed off a couple a whole lot more than others and one appears to be
taking the whole result as a personal loss

Not true, if you can't see why we get pissed off a the the childish behaviour of a small minority there is no helping you

It wasn't me being all moody and threatening people looked to me like you were loosing it a bit
SWP had a point earlier IMHO
didn't see the point is posting earlier to get told I would say that wouldn't I
If the results had gone the other way the LWNJ would have had a field day

malg said:
Damocles said:
kas_tippler said:
Stupid but not as stupid as I expected, compassion i agree with.

This is my problem with Brand - "we need a compassionate society" literally means nothing at all. Any act can be skewed as "compassionate". You could say that the Holocaust was a compassionate act where millions of people were helpfully clothed, fed and given a job by the state then allowed to enter paradise earlier than expected.

Compassion is a spin word that politicians use entirely because it means everything and nothing. When Brand says it what he is actually saying is "I don't know what to do"[/quote]
Compassion is a way of life, compassion for yourself and others.

kas_tippler said:
malg said:

Compassion is a way of life, compassion for yourself and others.

Some other clever twat said 'Compassion is the basis of morality'

Anyway, if you have an ounce, you make sure the vulnerable are well looked after.

totallywired said:
Seems to be a lot of tories on this forum, which is strange, considering Manchester is all labour. Didn`t realise so many on here were from outside our wonderful city.
Doesn't seem to work like that anymore, people aren't voting Labour just because their dads did.

totallywired said:
Seems to be a lot of tories on this forum, which is strange, considering Manchester is all labour. Didn`t realise so many on here were from outside our wonderful city.
Everyone's from Stockport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.