The Great British Insurance rip off

Blue Maverick

Just got our pet insurance through and it’s nearly doubled, tried comparison sites and it’s pretty much the same. Our car insurance looks like it’s going up by at least 35%, the thing is we’ve no choice you can’t choose not to have car insurance, they are blaming supply chains etc but they’ll not come down when everything calms down the robbing bastards. The pet insurance is just another money grab, apart from medication and vet fees what can justify a 100% increase, it’s pure fucking greed.

Just got our pet insurance through and it’s nearly doubled, tried comparison sites and it’s pretty much the same. Our car insurance looks like it’s going up by at least 35%, the thing is we’ve no choice you can’t choose not to have car insurance, they are blaming supply chains etc but they’ll not come down when everything calms down the robbing bastards. The pet insurance is just another money grab, apart from medication and vet fees what can justify a 100% increase, it’s pure fucking greed.

We lost our older Cat to heart problems last week, she was 17. The younger Cat is 4 and we decided not to get another pet because of the huge cost as well as the fact we are getting too old to commit to looking after any more lives.

Insurance costs a fortune and as you say is going up year on year.

Car insurance is a fucking piss take. It’s a protection racket and the government are cashing in on it. Utter thieving fuckers.
What's worse, if you make a claim you get next to fuck all back. You certainly wont be able to replace your car like for like.

Years ago, I was smashed up on the M5 and my two year old car was a total write off (wasn't my fault I hasten to add).

I was offered a fraction of what I had it insured for and when I complained, they said they look at local paper private ads to see the price of a similar aged car.

I said, those types of car don't come with full dealer service history, warranty or protection should it be an illegal sale.

They stood fast and I was thousands out of pocket

What's worse, if you make a claim you get next to fuck all back. You certainly wont be able to replace your car like for like.

Years ago, I was smashed up on the M5 and my two year old car was a total write off (wasn't my fault I hasten to add).

I was offered a fraction of what I had it insured for and when I complained, they said they look at local paper private ads to see the price of a similar aged car.

I said, those types of car don't come with full dealer service history, warranty or protection should it be an illegal sale.

They stood fast and I was thousands out of pocket
Ye if you insure it for an amount that’s what they should pay, home insurance building gives you a rebuild cost, not my fault if they go up that’s on them, they want their cake and eat it, cunts. No wonder so many aren’t insuring their cars these days, take the risk get a slap on the wrist. Then they say they can increase prices because people aren’t getting insured, I wonder why!

Ye if you insure it for an amount that’s what they should pay, home insurance building gives you a rebuild cost, not my fault if they go up that’s on them, they want their cake and eat it, cunts. No wonder so many aren’t insuring their cars these days, take the risk get a slap on the wrist. Then they say they can increase prices because people aren’t getting insured, I wonder why!
£300 fine and 6 penalty points is an absolute joke of a punishment. One of the arguments for charging more for insurance is the number of uninsured drivers on the roads yet, making it more unaffordable causes the problem to spiral.
The government should legislate to ensure insurance is affordable for normal people driving an average car, with a bhp not exceeding say 200bhp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.