The Great British Insurance rip off

Just got our pet insurance through and it’s nearly doubled, tried comparison sites and it’s pretty much the same. Our car insurance looks like it’s going up by at least 35%, the thing is we’ve no choice you can’t choose not to have car insurance, they are blaming supply chains etc but they’ll not come down when everything calms down the robbing bastards. The pet insurance is just another money grab, apart from medication and vet fees what can justify a 100% increase, it’s pure fucking greed.

We have 3 dogs.

We put £50 a month into a savings pot for use as and when they need any vet care.

To insure the 3 dogs would be nearly £200 a month in premiums.

No thanks.

Travel insurance has gone past the bizarre mark. They wanted £90 for under a fortnight with a good few declarations etc, but were not biting. Using the EHIC cards and happy to get the same care as our waiter Pepi does in the normal hospital. If we josh it then simply cremate us and bring us home on your laps.

Car insurance is non negotiable and am currently paying £580 from £350 last year. Full maximum no claims bonus and both over 60. Having us over for Fat Lads springs to mind.

Travel insurance has gone past the bizarre mark. They wanted £90 for under a fortnight with a good few declarations etc, but were not biting. Using the EHIC cards and happy to get the same care as our waiter Pepi does in the normal hospital. If we josh it then simply cremate us and bring us home on your laps.

Car insurance is non negotiable and am currently paying £580 from £350 last year. Full maximum no claims bonus and both over 60. Having us over for Fat Lads springs to mind.
Did an AA quote for 8 nights in Lanzarote in March last night..£100+, went on the Meerkat thing and got cover elsewhere for £24.

We have 3 dogs.

We put £50 a month into a savings pot for use as and when they need any vet care.

To insure the 3 dogs would be nearly £200 a month in premiums.

No thanks.
I've heard that vets will often give you a cheaper price if you're not paying with insurance too. It's the classic case of prices going up ridiculously as soon as insurers are involved.

I shop around , comparison sites dont have every insurer on it, i then barter with my current insurers and get it for much the same as the last yr, no need to stand for a doubling in costs

We lost our older Cat to heart problems last week, she was 17. The younger Cat is 4 and we decided not to get another pet because of the huge cost as well as the fact we are getting too old to commit to looking after any more lives.

Insurance costs a fortune and as you say is going up year on year.
A few years ago one of our labs was unwell, took him to the yets and they did a couple of tests to see what the problem was, they found it and treated him. They then suggested we call in and subject to a good few many more tests,,,,right !!!!. No, he's not being proded, poked and stuck with needles so I told them.
" Oh it's Ok, the insurance will pay for it "
" He's not insured......."
" Oh well take him home and keep your eye on him...."

Vets...worse than estate agents behind that concerned smile.

A few years ago one of our labs was unwell, took him to the yets and they did a couple of tests to see what the problem was, they found it and treated him. They then suggested we call in and subject to a good few many more tests,,,,right !!!!. No, he's not being proded, poked and stuck with needles so I told them.
" Oh it's Ok, the insurance will pay for it "
" He's not insured......."
" Oh well take him home and keep your eye on him...."

Vets...worse than estate agents behind that concerned smile.
Vets are mostly owned by big conglomerates now due to the issues with legal stuff an independent vet can’t afford malpractice claims etc, so vets are basically like the USA health care system now, that’s why we need to fight for the nhs, imagine if we needed to get health insurance as well!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.