The Great British Insurance rip off

I shop around , comparison sites dont have every insurer on it, i then barter with my current insurers and get it for much the same as the last yr, no need to stand for a doubling in costs
When did you last barter Kaz? I did last year but they won’t entertain discussing it this year, comparison sites seem to have a difference of a maximum 10%.

£300 fine and 6 penalty points is an absolute joke of a punishment. One of the arguments for charging more for insurance is the number of uninsured drivers on the roads yet, making it more unaffordable causes the problem to spiral.
The government should legislate to ensure insurance is affordable for normal people driving an average car, with a bhp not exceeding say 200bhp.
A few years ago, there was a survey done in Bradford on how many cars were not insured. The answer?…….………… 35%.

I've heard that vets will often give you a cheaper price if you're not paying with insurance too. It's the classic case of prices going up ridiculously as soon as insurers are involved.
Yep. Vets act as agents for the companies, promoting and selling policies.

We have 3 dogs.

We put £50 a month into a savings pot for use as and when they need any vet care.

To insure the 3 dogs would be nearly £200 a month in premiums.

No thanks.

My dogs 15 and has got cushings disease. It’s cost a fair amount in vet bills the last year but nowhere near as much as it would have cost to insure him his whole life. What is also a racket is how much vets charge for medication, always get the prescription and buy online.

Saying that, I think it does depend on the breed though and how susceptible they are to conditions. My aunt has golden retrievers and one had arthritis from an early age, would have cost well into the thousands in treatment had she not had insurance.

View attachment 105165

I'm taking the piss out of you.
bdbc0037731533.574ad4ced0377.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.