The great queue of '99

We went via wycombe for the game and nearly got battered on the train on the way back.Woman tellin us she queued 14 hrs and asked how long we had to wait.My uncle says,about 20 seconds on Joe Royles doorstep,his Mrs was slow answering the door that day. Her face was a picture.

ha ha what a great day.
If any of you remember all the kids playin a footie match outside the kippax and the gene kelley, i was one of them kids.
that game lasted for hours, whilst my poor dad was in the cue all day

i remember the funniest thing i saw was these a selection of bricks next to each other in the ground.... first one said 12 hours, next one said 13 hours etc..
lol always rememeber that, it was funny cos it was true!

I picked our kid up about 8.00, thinking that if we got there for 8.30ish I'd be back home for lunch. The end of the Q was at the Platt Lane end & like a previous poster, I thought, Not long then, not realising it went passed the tkt office, all the way round the North Stand into the back of the Kippax & then underneath the North stand!!!!!!

Jesus we got our tckts about 10.30!!! I kept ringing home & assuring my ex wife I hadn't left her but qing for wembley tkts!!!

Some of the graffitti underneath the North Stand was class! Is the war in Bosnia over yet etc.

I remember the was an old chap in front of us & by the time we'd got to the corner of the Kippax he gave up. I remember turning round & he'd gone! Wish I'd offered to Q for him!

As an aside, when we were down at Wembley our kids wife nearly sold her tkt. He nearly killed her!!!!!

I was 19 at the time me and my mates camped outside the ticket office injoyed a good piss up and a game footie with everyone great night ! I remember the que next day it was huge but we was about 10 places from the front happy days ! !

Took about 12 hours to get ours. I was queing with a mate, and we took it in turns to go
to the shop (or use one of the numerous alleyways for a leak). The scum were in the FA cup
final that day, I can remember people talking to mates/wives asking them to call if Newcastle scored! I was so drained when we left the ground, I didn't go to the pub that night!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.