The Greatest player of your time

Bilston Blue said:
blue dallas said:
agreed, napoli had never won seria a, they won it twice with maradona.

and the 86 world cup, anyone name the rest of the team, without the aid of google ?

Nery Pumpido, Jose Luis Brown, Jorge Burrachaga, Jorge Valdano, Julio Olarticochea, Claudio Borghi, Pedro Pasculli, Oscar Garre, Ricardo Giusti, Nestor Sensini,

No Help Needed, do I get a prize???

You forgot Passarella...

Uwe Rosler.

I loved the bloke, he epitomises my life 5 stone lighter.

He wasnt the greatest player, but he was a trier.

He scored some good & important goals & I met him once at Platt Lane, and he was a totally brilliant bloke, took time out in the rain to speak to me when it was absolutely peeing it down & the rest of the players just went by.

When he came back after battling cancer against Boro the other year, I had goosebumps on the back of my neck when the crowd started singing (even if the DJ ruined it a bit woth the Pet Shop Boys).

A top bloke & his shirt number is still one of my lottery numbers....

Aside from that its Diego Maradona, Cruyff & from the footage I've seen arguably Di Stefano! oopps almost forgot....Garrincha, Pele & Puskas.

'i can remember best having to many blinders against tony book'

I presume you was meaning 'not having too' many blinders, i've got to agree....sometimes no matter who you are you can meet your match...Ronaldo was quoted in some papers to be the best in the world and the £80 mill might support that thinking but each time he came up against Ashley cole whether for club or country then Ashley had his number. Tony Book was an underated footballer.

That said we know how good Robinho can be and he is a Brazilian international, did you ever see Best shield the ball stood still on one foot with his marker trying every move in the book to snatch the ball..moving it round accordingly when players behind him were trying to join in and do a little sneak round his back...the brazilian can't do that move and he's not far off the same weight and height to Best.

No-ones said Beckenbauer on his own yet, so Franz Beckenbauer. Another level above Baresi or Moore, he snuffed everything out before it became a threat, never ever looked ruffled and had enough skill to roam forward and run the midfield too. A proper, complete footballer and not just the best defender in history.

Though clearly not the best of all time, that was a good call earlier for Matt Le Tissier. I'd add Glenn Hoddle too based on pure talent.

Unknown_Genius said:
Bilston Blue said:
Nery Pumpido, Jose Luis Brown, Jorge Burrachaga, Jorge Valdano, Julio Olarticochea, Claudio Borghi, Pedro Pasculli, Oscar Garre, Ricardo Giusti, Nestor Sensini,

No Help Needed, do I get a prize???

You forgot Passarella...

Sorry, but Passarella was 1978, went to the finals in 82 but didn't play a game if memory serves.

Ooh, hang on a mo'... he played in 1982 also. Was in the squad in 1986 but didn't play... that's right now.

Thierry Henry in my view is the best foreign player to have played in the Premier League. One thing that set him apart from other strikers was the fact he got loads of assists. There was one season he was top goal scorer and assister.

Ronaldo though I feel was the best in my lifetime.

Way before my time though, I thought I would mention Stanley Matthews, the wizard of the dribble. I remember reading about one game when England played Brazil at Wembley and he was turning Nilton Santos (named in the top 125 greatest footballers by Pele, and regarded as one of the best left-backs ever) in his prime, inside out, at the ripe age of 41.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.