The Greatest player of your time

the best i have seen is george{best that is } he was simply brilliant and despite talk was tough as well had lumps kicked out off him regularly amd kept going deserved to have played in a world cup then would have reached the heights of pele

The best I have seen live is Gazza, when he played for the spuds.

Or Thierry Henry... As far as not seeing live but on the tele, Maradona all the way.

Zizou: probaly the best ever. a genius

Ribery: noone is as fast as him with the ball, incredible speed and skills.

Pele won 3 out of the 4 world cups he played, Brazil had never won it until he came along. Saw him in the 1970 World Cup and Brazil were the most awesome team I have ever seen, miles ahead of any other team in the tournament ( England were the only team to give them a decent game).

Pele was a genius, the whole side revolved around him.

I guy called Cha Bum-Kun he was South Korean and played in Germany before Germany had many none European players. I guess the nearest thing to him in English football today would be Frank Lampard, but he was more of a goal scorer than Lampard and more flair.

The best of my generation is Zidane closely followed by Ronaldo.

The best I have seen in person is Dennis Bergkamp with Thierry Henry pushing him very closely. Juninho was also a special player when I saw him at 'Boro in both his spells there.

My favourite player ever is Maradona. i remember watching him playing for Napoli when I was 5 and I made my Dad get me a Napoli shirt because of him. Unfortunately I didn't have the pleasure of seeing the best of him during the 80's because I was too young to remember that.

ColinBall said:
Pele won 3 out of the 4 world cups he played, Brazil had never won it until he came along. Saw him in the 1970 World Cup and Brazil were the most awesome team I have ever seen, miles ahead of any other team in the tournament ( England were the only team to give them a decent game).

Pele was a genius, the whole side revolved around him.

someone wrote in a paper not so long ago that, Brazil would of still won 3 world cups even without pele there team was that good.
might have to google there winning teams and see how true this statement is. he was arguing the fact that Maradonna was the greatest player of all time as Argentina would of never won the world had it not been for this genius..

Apart from the obbvious ones here are some that i have wathced growing up and thought...........bloody hell hes special:

Carlos Valderama..........ran the game from the centre circle
Requilme - Just quality to watch

as a striker.........Batistuta was very good

I know Zidane was a great player and was blessed with superb technique but I never rated him as highly as many people do. I think he's been vastly overrated. I don't know what it was with him, I never liked him.

Ronaldo at Barcelona was unstoppable. Probably the best in my lifetime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.