The "I was wrong about Mancini" thread

Prestwich_Blue said:
johnny crossan said:
ah yes - what did PB call him after that - er

"classless clown" I believe

any way that's all in the past - roll on our shining blue future

:-)
I'm on a cut of advertising revenues johnny. The more traffic I generate the more money I get.
same for City PB - anyway here's the answer to all his critics

finaltable.jpg

(for a while at least!)

I've wondered in the past about some of the decisions during matches, but I've perhaps blindly supported the manager regardless. Few reasons for that, but mainly the fact that he is in the position he is for a reason. He knows more about the game than any of us, and even more again about the players he can use. I'm ecstatic for all of us that we have been successful in the end and it's all been worth it, and I am glad for him that he now has credit, well deserved, with people who doubted him.

It's not a time to be saying I told you so to other blues, but I only hope next season when we hit a bad patch some people remember some of the things said this season, some unnecessary bile, and bite their tongues.

Arsenal away was gutting at the time but I knew it was mathematically still possible and I pissed myself when he started saying it was all over. Of course it wasn't!

I don't know if we'll ever see such a tight margin of victory again, but even if we do and it gets close then remember, Mancini knows what it takes to get there in the end. Having said that, the unpredictable can and will happen too. Criticism or discussion is fine and healthy as long as it its constructive. Calling for the bosses head will help no-one.

FORZA MANCINI!!

I'll hold my hands up here. I definitely expressed doubts about the time when that ABC Spanish press report appeared about Mourinho & our results/performances were on the slide.
Thing is, none of it matters now after what has just happened. A bit like Billy, it doesn't feel right going into it all again now.

Mancini is now a legend, FA cup and the TITLE. for me he is untouchable right now.

btw. back at ragcafe there is a thread http://www.redcafe.net/f7/roberto-mancini-would-you-keep-sack-him-353686/

I try to understand their logic. They say Mancini is shit manager because we did not run away with the title. So according to some of them, its Mancinis fault Their own team were able to get 89 points. its Mancinis fault that United did so well

How they cant see the flaw in their logic is quite funny.

In their world they should thank Mancini for their good season, now i will take a public thanks from united as granted or they are very ungrateful

i will admit that after the Arsenal game i was fuming, as he has made some bad decisions throughout the course of the season, wont mention them again. but Kolo at Bayern a big one. anyway it looks like he learnt after Arsenal that you have to play your strongest team if you want to win the title, he deflected all the negativity away from the team, and the club coming up with #TOGETHER was a master stroke, which totally galvanised the players, club and fans.

every single one of us deserve that victory !!!!

Roll on next season !!

mekonmcfc said:
i will admit that after the Arsenal game i was fuming, as he has made some bad decisions throughout the course of the season, wont mention them again. but Kolo at Bayern a big one. anyway it looks like he learnt after Arsenal that you have to play your strongest team if you want to win the title, he deflected all the negativity away from the team, and the club coming up with #TOGETHER was a master stroke, which totally galvanised the players, club and fans.

every single one of us deserve that victory !!!!

Roll on next season !!

I think the fact that he didn't do much rotation after the Arsenal game had more to do with the fact the there wasn't a fixture pile up to deal with at that stage of the season more than anything else but you're right, let's not dwell on it too much because the goal was eventually achieved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.