The "I was wrong about Mancini" thread

zeven said:
Mancini is now a legend, FA cup and the TITLE. for me he is untouchable right now.

btw. back at ragcafe there is a thread http://www.redcafe.net/f7/roberto-mancini-would-you-keep-sack-him-353686/

I try to understand their logic. They say Mancini is shit manager because we did not run away with the title. So according to some of them, its Mancinis fault Their own team were able to get 89 points. its Mancinis fault that United did so well

How they cant see the flaw in their logic is quite funny.

In their world they should thank Mancini for their good season, now i will take a public thanks from united as granted or they are very ungrateful

I've heard this pathetic excuse several times now, even last night by Shaka Hislop or whatever his name is on ESPN and I wonder if those that keep repeating it have even thought it through. I didn't know that there was a rule that if you spend x amount of money in a window you have to be y amount of points ahead team z in second place before you get any credit for winning the title. It suggests that if City finished on 80 points in first and the second team finished lets say 72 points in second that would be more impressive because of the 8 point gap even though 89 points is actually more. How are City responsible for how well the second placed team does? There were two games between the two teams in the league over the course of the season and City won comfortably on both occasions, the other 36 games were obviously out of their hands. It does not even take into account the big and dodgy decisions that swung games in their favour and won them points they shouldn't have won which got them level on points in the first place but that's another matter.

mekonmcfc said:
i will admit that after the Arsenal game i was fuming, as he has made some bad decisions throughout the course of the season, wont mention them again.

That seems to be the nadir of the season for those who have doubted Mancini - the Arsenal match. Easy to see why when you look at the build up to it and our performance on the day.

I find it curious that there still seems to be little talk of Mancini's new contract, even when it's been widely reported that Vinny and David Silva will be getting new ones. On the plus side, if he doesn't get a new contract it means I don't have to leave the forum. On the downside if he doesn't get a new contract it will mean more uncertainty next season.

Some people say beating the rags in the cup semi was better than winning the final, i will never go along with that, he won us the cup, he is a winner and from that moment we had finally stabilized and that is why we won the league a season before i thought we could

The man is class. Rome wasn't built in a day nor was MCFC. He inherited a good set of core players and, it has to be said, some dross and egos. He won us the FA Cup last year and this year our style of play was a revelation at the start of the season. We have now won the league. Not bad in my books.

That said, I do not like full-back rotation. I do not like Kolarov, unoless in a 5 man midfield a la MUFC cup game. I felt it was harsh on Dezeko to drop him when he was on fire. I think Balotelli needs a kick up the arse. And although i think Tevez treated us like shit, I think Mancini was too emotional in the immediate aftermath.

On balance the successes, by far and away ovecome my nit-picky specific issues. I am delighted that for once City look like having some stbility on the management front. I have got fed-up of the contant change whihc with it brings a change in personeel styles etc. We have a decent team, a decent style and I am sure that an outright professional and winner like Mancini will only strive to improves us further.

Forza Mancini. He doesn't get everything right, but by heck he has got an awful lot spot on. He is a professional and we are just amateurs. Pasionate amateurs, but we have to let him get on and lead in the way he sees fit and support him all the way.

I hope he is hear to stay for many years.

mekonmcfc said:
i will admit that after the Arsenal game i was fuming, as he has made some bad decisions throughout the course of the season, wont mention them again. but Kolo at Bayern a big one. anyway it looks like he learnt after Arsenal that you have to play your strongest team if you want to win the title, he deflected all the negativity away from the team, and the club coming up with #TOGETHER was a master stroke, which totally galvanised the players, club and fans.

every single one of us deserve that victory !!!!

Roll on next season !!
Don't know about you but I would rather not go the route of a Spurs late season complete collapse thank you very much.

While we are riding high and Bobby getting deserved praise, I am starting to think about next season already. The Champions League is the next hurdle that Bobby needs to negotiate and be judged on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.