The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

Panic buying doesn't take place in a vacuum. It is leadership that prevents these situations from emerging and we have had simply disastrous leadership.
What exactly can government do (any flavour) in this situation. They come out and make a statement that 'there is no need to panic' and everyone loses their minds. They don't make a statement and things go tits up and it's 'Why didn't you warn us?'

What exactly can government do (any flavour) in this situation. They come out and make a statement that 'there is no need to panic' and everyone loses their minds. They don't make a statement and things go tits up and it's 'Why didn't you warn us?'
Correct.
It's usually the fucking media who are the cunts in these situations.
Social media bollocks as well.

There are shortages - my supermarket freezers have been empty for weeks; my pet food dealer had no food because of three failed deliveries. That is an environment that creates nervousness and the public then reacts, buoyed by media headlines. These shortages are primarily the result of poor leadership, however it is dressed up, and largely (as identified by the head of the hauliers association) a consequence of Brexit, the referendum brought to the people by David Cameron and voted for by the people because of the clear lies that they were told by government and others. What is happening now is the consequence of that.

completely anecdotal but still: spoken to 2 petrol station workers this week and both have told me a similar story that petrol purchasing is done on a very controlled system based on purchase patterns of previous years (and many other seasonal factors) and that it is not very resilient to shock at all, you cant simply dial in more petrol for tomorrow, it takes weeks. So a lot of the problem, in their opinions, was a rush on the pumps and an inability to refill. Throw in a driver shortage and that is exacerbated.

The scum media drive this behaviour through hysteria, GMB especially.

But the public who panic buy are also selfish wankers, I hate the UK public sometimes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.