The Italian Benitez...

Only IMO I believe Mancinis job is to get us into the CL and stay there, don't believe he is the manager to actually get us to win the thing, I still believe that is reserved for the special one.

Amusingly, it has been said on here that the Scum are an 'inferior' side. Whilst that may be true, in terms of potential, it has reminded me of the up and coming boxer pitted against the older world weary champion. It may be true that the youngster has all the tools at his disposal to dismantle the older champion on paper, this doesn't always come to pass during the actual event.

The champion will use all his 'know how' to thwart the young upstart to a draw, not a knock like he would have in the past. The young pugilist will simply have to get to know his strengths and weaknesses and grow into it over time and be the best that he can be.

The Scum played their formation reserved for the top sides in the game, yet we were supposed to just bulldoze over them! Fantasy bullsh*t expected by some on here.

How they played, for me, is simply the respect they bestowed upon us and what they feared we could do. Psychologically, that was as precious as a 3 point victory as we will go for the win on their own ground, I think.

What better way to exact the same mental anguish as they did to us...?

Bigga said:
Amusingly, it has been said on here that the Scum are an 'inferior' side. Whilst that may be true, in terms of potential, it has reminded me of the up and coming boxer pitted against the older world weary champion. It may be true that the youngster has all the tools at his disposal to dismantle the older champion on paper, this doesn't always come to pass during the actual event.

The champion will use all his 'know how' to thwart the young upstart to a draw, not a knock like he would have in the past. The young pugilist will simply have to get to know his strengths and weaknesses and grow into it over time and be the best that he can be.

The Scum played their formation reserved for the top sides in the game, yet we were supposed to just bulldoze over them! Fantasy bullsh*t expected by some on here.

How they played, for me, is simply the respect they bestowed upon us and what they feared we could do. Psychologically, that was as precious as a 3 point victory as we will go for the win on their own ground, I think.

Football isn't boxing. It isn't one man against another, or one mentality against another. It's about two teams setting out to achieve their goals. Slur Alex's goal was to not lose. So was Mancini's. People can say it was a moral victory, or that it's "Fantasy bullshit" to expect to beat them - but I did, and I reserve the right to do that...

He respected us because he knew we had it in us to beat them...shame our manager didn't share the same belief...

BillyShears said:
Bigga said:

Football isn't boxing. It isn't one man against another, or one mentality against another. It's about two teams setting out to achieve their goals. Slur Alex's goal was to not lose. So was Mancini's. People can say it was a moral victory, or that it's "Fantasy bullshit" to expect to beat them - but I did, and I reserve the right to do that...

He respected us because he knew we had it in us to beat them...shame our manager didn't share the same belief...

At the weekend; many of us experienced anguish on here as they hit yet another last gasp winner against a spirited and brave Wolves. My post in that thread preceding Bigga's by a couple of days - " The last thing a fighter loses is his punch".

Bigga's Boxing analogy is a true reflection. They are a Club on the Ropes but like a true Champion they will go out swinging; they tried to steal the points last night and our Manager was waiting for them Tactically.

The Moral victory last night was ours. Far more important than a Goal from a Benjani; just like the fighting display with 10 men against Arsenal - we learn more about our side with each passing Game.

Their is only one Team on the up in this City.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Thanks Balti. Thanks FB. I am trying desperately to gain a reputation on the Forum as " The voice of Reason"!

Well now that you are running an agenda I see you as an interfering busy body who should keep his nose out ;-)

ifiwasarichfan said:
BillyShears said:

At the weekend; many of us experienced anguish on here as they hit yet another last gasp winner against a spirited and brave Wolves. My post in that thread preceding Bigga's by a couple of days - " The last thing a fighter loses is his punch".

Bigga's Boxing analogy is a true reflection. They are a Club on the Ropes but like a true Champion they will go out swinging; they tried to steal the points last night and our Manager was waiting for them Tactically.

The Moral victory last night was ours. Far more important than a Goal from a Benjani; just like the fighting display with 10 men against Arsenal - we learn more about our side with each passing Game.

A very eloquent and very well thought out post. Unfortunately I don't agree with the crux of it, that the moral victory was ours. They came for a point, and left with one. I'd say it was a moral victory for them...

Also, not conceding a late goal shouldn't be classed as some sign of huge progress. We put out what was minus two players, our strongest team...

ifiwasarichfan said:
BillyShears said:

Thank fook there's someone else to explain what an 'analogy' is to Mr. Shears!!

"Football isn't boxing"!! You could not make it up!!

Feck me...!!

fbloke said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Thanks Balti. Thanks FB. I am trying desperately to gain a reputation on the Forum as " The voice of Reason"!

Well now that you are running an agenda I see you as an interfering busy body who should keep his nose out ;-)

After my Eulogy to you on your very own thread - even comparing your work on here with Paul Weller and Elvis Costello ;I was expecting a bit more than that! an invitation to your Table at the Bluemoon Party with free Drinks at the very least.

I sense Billy is determined to see the black side of the result!

C'mon Billy let the light shine in ;-)<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:45 pm --<br /><br />
ifiwasarichfan said:
fbloke said:

After my Eulogy to you on your very own thread - even comparing your work on here with Paul Weller and Elvis Costello ;I was expecting a bit more than that! an invitation to your Table at the Bluemoon Party with free Drinks at the very least.

Oh go on then, pop over to my table and you join the queue to kiss my ring ;-)

He didn't want to lose because of what happened last season but if that's the case he certainly went about it the wrong way as we never looked like scoring and 90 minutes plus is a long time to hold out against a team which always goes out to win, despite being without rooney , valencia and giggs. <yes we got the point and most of us on here are happy with that as a sign of progress but for me, apart from being frustrated and angered watching our team fail to muster half a dozen goal attempts, (again)...we were at home, it's us who've spent an absolute fortune and we were playing one of the worst united sides in recent memory. Even after both united's attack minded full backs went off injured, and were replaced by out and out defenders, mancini still failed to bring on johnson( for yaya toure....). It's the negativity i can't stand and his refusal to build bridges with players he's fallen out with. There's still 2 month's to go till we go for another quick fix in the transfer market, but by opting to time waste with a couple of minutes to go by bringing on adebayor...then he's further alienated a player who we are going to need to be firing on all cylinder in the coming months. That's 3 managers in a row now we've had who are more concerned with not losing than going on the front foot a la arsenal, chelsea and man u. It's an awful lot of money and time to spend for so little entertainment....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.