The Italian Benitez...

1.618034 said:
Chick Counterfly said:
posted this in the other thread;

Spot on, as usual.

There's far too much short-termism with a lot of fans and owners. It seems to me that our owners aren't that way and we need to learn that as fans too.

You're right that each team has it's own personal "mentality"... Utd have their reputation of scoring decisively at the end of games (waning a little this year), Arsenal currently have their passing game, which was built on their original and more successful reputation of winning 1-0, whereas Chelsea have a mentality of not getting beaten and overpowering teams, especially non-top 4 teams, early in a game, which was instilled by Mourinho. Remember how much he was vilified for negativity during his 1st seasons? Doing ok now though aren't they? Plus also remember that they had a stronger base mentality of reasonable success to build on which again we don't.

I'm happier that we are laying solid foundations like these rather than going hell-for-leather-win-at-all-costs, based on pretty much nothing other than a reputation for underachievement... Yes, it's a little less exciting in the short term, but it's not proven to be successful over the long term. It just isn't.

That's what we've got to change and it's going to take a lot more than a dozen games of this season, especially for certain posters on here.... But we're getting there.

Forza Mancini!

Also was minded to post this link for a thread I remembered from BS back in the summer. Thought it might be worth a re-visit for a couple of people.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=187413" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=187413</a>

There is a bigger picture...

At least that puts to bed the myth that I have an anti-Mancini agenda, and that I've been "against" him from day one...

It's fair to say I've been desperate for us to show enough progress on the pitch to restore my unwavering faith in what Mancini's trying to achieve. The tactics thread and everything in it gave me cause to stop and rethink how I see the way he sets the team up....I did and it made a hell of a lot of sense...

fbloke said:
BillyShears said:
I'm sure you take more satisfaction in thinking I'm "ducking the chance" and am making myself "look silly". Like I said, jog on...

The smell of paint must be quite strong in that corner dude ;-)

Nuff said!!!

I gave him a fair post, fair chance and all he's done is be petty by trying to suggest I revel in his incredulous postings. What?? Moi...??

Fine by me...

1.618034 said:
Chick Counterfly said:
posted this in the other thread;

Spot on, as usual.

There's far too much short-termism with a lot of fans and owners. It seems to me that our owners aren't that way and we need to learn that as fans too.

You're right that each team has it's own personal "mentality"... Utd have their reputation of scoring decisively at the end of games (waning a little this year), Arsenal currently have their passing game, which was built on their original and more successful reputation of winning 1-0, whereas Chelsea have a mentality of not getting beaten and overpowering teams, especially non-top 4 teams, early in a game, which was instilled by Mourinho. Remember how much he was vilified for negativity during his 1st seasons? Doing ok now though aren't they? Plus also remember that they had a stronger base mentality of reasonable success to build on which again we don't.

I'm happier that we are laying solid foundations like these rather than going hell-for-leather-win-at-all-costs, based on pretty much nothing other than a reputation for underachievement... Yes, it's a little less exciting in the short term, but it's not proven to be successful over the long term. It just isn't.

That's what we've got to change and it's going to take a lot more than a dozen games of this season, especially for certain posters on here.... But we're getting there.

Forza Mancini!

Also was minded to post this link for a thread I remembered from BS back in the summer. Thought it might be worth a re-visit for a couple of people.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=187413" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=187413</a>

I got slated and abused about 9 months ago for suggesting that we, the fans, might be the last weak link in the club.

I intended to say that it was the only thing the owners couldn't invest in in the same way as the squad and infrastructure.

But they have, with City square and the family the stand, the website etc etc.

I still maintain that old habits and attitudes amongst some of us Blues is now misplaced and out of step with where we are.

We all need to see ourselves and our club as we are today, not as we were in 1976,1981 or any other year.

when people say we need to change the attitude at man city - I don't think they realise it's the fans and not the players.

When we got the money, everyone said you can't just buy a team it takes time, we knew that, we're not thick and yet here we are with a fantastic team, average age of 24, a proven fantastic manager, big enough to manage any ego's and we complain about nil fuckin nil against last years runners up, proven champions. Would we have complained if we got that result against Chelsea? That worthless shit Man Utd, how many of their starting line up wn the have won the permiership?

Don't get caught up in the media games? The future is blue, we are 4th, have played Arsenal, Spuds, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd and on them games who beat us - Arse and how good did we look for 60 mins 10 versus 12.

Chill out and get behind Bobby Manc!!!!

Sorry if this has already been sent but couldn't be arsed reading all the posts and don't usually bother responding but fecked me off how people complain about a good solid professional performance. Only difference to last season was Scholes didn't score in last minute.

And You are a DICK!

fbloke said:
1.618034 said:
Spot on, as usual.

Forza Mancini!

I got slated and abused about 9 months ago for suggesting that we, the fans, might be the last weak link in the club.

I intended to say that it was the only thing the owners couldn't invest in in the same way as the squad and infrastructure.

I still maintain that old habits and attitudes amongst some of us Blues is now misplaced and out of step with where we are.

We all need to see ourselves and our club as we are today, not as we were in 1976,1981 or any other year.

And that wasnt a dig at anyone on this thread, just a general observation.

cheekybids said:
And You are a DICK!

LOL...

And the list just keeps growing...

Maybe you can see if you can have me removed from the forum...

Or you could just have a poll on "Is Billy Shears a dick?"...

My money's on the overwhelmingly vast majority going with "Yay"...

fbloke said:
fbloke said:

And that wasnt a dig at anyone on this thread, just a general observation.

One very well made mate and one that a lot of fans/posters have suddenly realised i would say.

The sheer ferocity of the attacks on our club and manager last week has served to galvanise many of us i reckon and has awoken us to the truth of our situation.

The future really is blue and more and more, we as fans are beginning to realise this.

BillyShears said:
cheekybids said:
And You are a DICK!

LOL...

We cannot be without the debate fella.

Look what happened when Big Mals Cigar was banned, awful!

If you go then I go!! (Not sure if thats gonna help your cause though ;-) )

BillyShears said:
cheekybids said:
And You are a DICK!

LOL...

Billy isnt my favourite poster and im sure he will say likewise but on this point i agree with him. He has an opinion and disagree and debate by all means but lets all leave the childish shit out of it.

fbloke said:
BillyShears said:
LOL...

We cannot be without the debate fella.

Look what happened when Big Mals Cigar was banned, awful!

If you go then I go!! (Not sure if thats gonna help your cause though ;-) )

Don't tempt me..!

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.