The ITK Discussion Thread [Merged]

Re: Just this minute.............

Seems that everyone putting all the hope in this week. I cant believe what will happen if no signing is confirmed on 1 july.

Seven allowed on the bench. Up to the lad himself, I can't see it somehow, even Robbie managed 15 goals in first season. Not as though we are stuck for choice, every player will know there is competition for places in that first eleven. Only player probably guaranteed starting place is Tevez, and he works his socks off anyway and fully understands the demands of the premiership. This is squad building at its best. Don't put in a full shift irrespective of who the opposition and you know ain't going to get a first team game, its what we have been missing for years IMO.

Rammyblues said:
Seven allowed on the bench. Up to the lad himself, I can't see it somehow, even Robbie managed 15 goals in first season. Not as though we are stuck for choice, every player will know there is competition for places in that first eleven. Only player probably guaranteed starting place is Tevez, and he works his socks off anyway and fully understands the demands of the premiership. This is squad building at its best. Don't put in a full shift irrespective of who the opposition and you know ain't going to get a first team game, its what we have been missing for years IMO.

Why would tevez be guaranteed a starting place - this is the main reason i don't want him. We shouldnt guarantee anyone this

johnmc said:
Rammyblues said:

Why would tevez be guaranteed a starting place - this is the main reason i don't want him. We shouldnt guarantee anyone this

I don't think it's about striaght up guaranteeing a starting place. When he was at the rags last season, if Berbawank had a shit game, then Tevez came off the bench and performed, Tevez would still find himself on the bench for the next game. I think he wants assurances that he will start games if he's performing, as opposed to someone else playing just to justify their rediculous price tag for a chain smoking twat.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you......Samuel Eto'o

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKRk63N9P4I&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKRk63N9 ... re=related</a>

Bluemoon115 said:
I don't think it's about striaght up guaranteeing a starting place. When he was at the rags last season, if Berbawank had a shit game, then Tevez came off the bench and performed, Tevez would still find himself on the bench for the next game. I think he wants assurances that he will start games if he's performing, as opposed to someone else playing just to justify their rediculous price tag for a chain smoking twat.

Well thats the issue, he wants a club where he can play. If we have RSC Rob and Eto alongside Tevez then we have 3 goalscorers and a grafter. If the rest of the team does its job then the work the first 3 put in will be enough to negate the need for a Dickov type player and therefore i see Tevez on the bench and unhappy.

In any case we are in for a hiding really because one of the 4 will miss out for sure - therefore we will get shit for having a £18/25/30/32.5M player on the bench. Not to mention Bellamy and SWP

Jamie Rimmer (Manchester United fan) says...
It's very well buying all these strikers, but how is Mark Hughes going to play Eto'o, Cruz, Robinho, Tevez (if they get him) Bellamy and all the other mediocre players they have such as Bojinov and Jo? They will have like four or five strikers and it will just end up in players unhappy! If anything they need to bolster their midfield. I'm surprised City are not linked with the likes of David Silva, Quaresma and Jesus Nevas. I don't expect big things from them at all this season.

Posted 12:33 28th June 2009

this is on sky sports....typical rag comment, he obviously knows fuck all about football if he thinks our midfield needs improving. Personally i think we've got a class midfield and this rag twat needs to have a look at his own teams shite midfield:-

scholes...fletcher....carrick....giggs

now you've got to agree lads this is a class midfield..my mistake...lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.