The ITK Discussion Thread [Merged]

Re: Just this minute.............

Have they bottled it??? whats going on? come on Gary, i mean Spursmad ;-) fill us in son.

Pam said:
I wouldn't necessarily blame Eto because it would be surprising if he waived a loyalty bonus of that magnitude. I don't approve of this greed fest but I honestly think its par for the course.

This is the crux of the matter.

Football is awash with money and there are lots of issues regarding that. But a player is almost always going to try and negotiation the best possible deal they can. Especially when you have a family and a ton of charities back in Africa that you support. Why some folks expect him to be sentimental about joining a club that finished 10th, from a club who are currently the best in the world is beyond reason. It's business. And he isn't that rich that he can afford to potentially leave 10M on the table.

For all we know he could be excited about joining us. But that doesn't mean he should rush to sign a contract and risk losing so much money. Adopting this rash "if he doesnt sign within 24 hours that means he wont play his heart out for the club as he is only motivated by money" attitude is laughable. Whatever club Samu plays for gets a seriously dedicated player. Shit, it might cost a small fortune, but as I said earlier, he is a workhorse for the team.

Project said:
Pam said:
I wouldn't necessarily blame Eto because it would be surprising if he waived a loyalty bonus of that magnitude. I don't approve of this greed fest but I honestly think its par for the course.

Football is awash with money and there are lots of issues regarding that. But a player is almost always going to try and negotiation the best possible deal they can. Especially when you have a family and a ton of charities back in Africa that you support. Why some folks expect him to be sentimental about joining a club that finished 10th, from a club who are currently the best in the world is beyond reason. It's business. And he isn't that rich that he can afford to potentially leave 10M on the table.

For all we know he could be excited about joining us. But that doesn't mean he should rush to sign a contract and risk losing so much money. Adopting this rash "if he doesnt sign within 24 hours that means he wont play his heart out for the club as he is only motivated by money" attitude is laughable. Whatever club Samu plays for gets a seriously dedicated player. Shit, it might cost a small fortune, but as I said earlier, he is a workhorse for the team.
Too reasonable a post for the Transfer Forum

Project said:
Pam said:

This. Agree totally.

Just stop listening to the stupid bastard likes of SSN. Nobody has snubbed anyone yet.

Marvin said:
Project said:
Pam said:

Too reasonable a post for the Transfer Forum

very good but dont agree with the 24hrs 'ive took longer than that to buy a car'

Just wondering: doesn't it bother you that whatever bigtime player comes to City, comes only for the cash? or do you think that players from Madrid and Barca come to City, just to play midtable premier league football. If this sort of things would happen at Ajax, i'd absolutely hate it. Players like Eto'o and Robinho wouldn't even had considered City if it wasn't for the cash..

podgy_rodge said:
wat do u rekon he will have to say at the press confrence?
Don't know. Not confident, but we can afford to be relaxed about this.

With Santa Cruz, Barry in the bag, and Tevez on the horizon. It's clear that City are a club going places. If Eto'o doesn't want to join, or thinks he could do better in 12 months time, we'll move on. We will get to the top of the pile somehow, and some time, just a question of with whom, how we do it, and when. Our ambition is becoming evident to all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.