The ITK Discussion Thread [Merged]

Re: Just this minute.............

sixlashes said:
do you seriously want this guy at the club? if all he.s bothered about is the money.he,s gonna be lording it up and acting the big I am .I only want players who are going to play there hearts out for us and not players who think oh well another 150 grand .If he,s having second thoughts fuck him and move on.....and I would announce that before he does his press conference

He's not having second thoughts - he's playing games. He's not bothered about coming to us - certainly won't if the price isn't right! Does anybody really feel that anybody plays for any club for love. Whilst they exist, those people are very few and far between.

Project said:
sixlashes said:
do you seriously want this guy at the club? if all he.s bothered about is the money.he,s gonna be lording it up and acting the big I am .I only want players who are going to play there hearts out for us and not players who think oh well another 150 grand .If he,s having second thoughts fuck him and move on.....and I would announce that before he does his press conference

Clearly you've never seen Eto'o play.
He's not commenting on his ability. He's commenting on his attitude. Even Robinho has a better attitude than Eto'o. Eto'o falls out with his manager all the time, i remember him falling out with laporta a few times.

citizens_1976 said:
Project said:
sixlashes said:

He's not commenting on his ability. He's commenting on his attitude. Even Robinho has a better attitude than Eto'o. Eto'o falls out with his manager all the time, i remember him falling out with laporta a few times.

because laporta is such an arse?

GStar said:
california blue said:
Put it this way - if we dont get eto'o we'll get villa

Put it this way - not a bloody chance!

Please please please, stop mentioning the following.

David Villa, quoted at nausea saying he wants only to play in Spain.

Franck Ribery. It pisses down all day in Germany, why go to England, I want to go somewhere warm.

Karim Benzema. Don't want to upset my world cup build up with a move, come back next year after the world cup.

There are more, but I can't be arsed....

GStar said:
Pam said:
You're also saying that "Get Eto'o at whatever cost" but if, for arguements sake, a chance came to sign Lionel Messi, we should walk away the moment there is any kind of public squabbling? Wouldn't that render the Eto'o signing completely useless?

Not especially because whatever which ever way the transfer deal itself is played out l, nobody will be talking about that by the time November comes along.

As for your remarks about public squabbling, I am in agreement with you that this is bullshit, which is why we should insist on a media blackout so that it never happens again. I totally understand where you're coming from on both counts but I just think if money is no object, then money is no object. We are owned by rich oil Arabs and whatever we do, people are going to be wanting to take the piss. I just think we are going to win ourselves a shit load of momentum if we can pull this off and after all, we ARE going to have to pay out big cash if our ambitions are to be met.

sixlashes said:
Project said:
sixlashes said:

Why thank you.

If anybody is suggesting that Eto'o doesn't give 150% on the pitch, then clearly they haven't seen him play. The guy is a workhorse.

So he wants the best possible deal he can get with potentially 10M on the table at stake - judging him on this is quite frankly ludicrous. Football is a fucking JOB to 99% of players as they aren't playing for the club they supported. You can't expect them to have some sense of love for the club before he's even joined. I swear fans are delusional at times.

I agree with Project here - I saw Barcelona play 3 times this season at the Nou Camp and Eto'o was the stand out player each time - even my girlfriend asked who he was because she thought he was awesome!

I agrree.. too many people want to be the 1st to know info that already hasnt been sorted and are prepared to conduct their own witch hunts and talk pony...everyone shud chill and use the Irish method of conclusion...relax, have a beer and what will happen will happen as time is the only answer and it is all outta our hands..
only1paulsimpson said:
spursmad321 said:
had a phone call, you can ignore my cautionary posts afew minutes ago.

I have just been told that Eto'o is now 100% done, and that Lescott is also 100% done.

Cheers

Spursmad321

with spursmads record to doubt,we should just ride the media storm and wait an see.
either that or get stressed with all the negative speculation on here today

Project said:
sixlashes said:
Project said:
sixlashes said:

Why thank you.

If anybody is suggesting that Eto'o doesn't give 150% on the pitch, then clearly they haven't seen him play. The guy is a workhorse.

So he wants the best possible deal he can get with potentially 10M on the table at stake - judging him on this is quite frankly ludicrous. Football is a fucking JOB to 99% of players as they aren't playing for the club they supported. You can't expect them to have some sense of love for the club before he's even joined. I swear fans are delusional at times.

I wouldn't necessarily blame Eto because it would be surprising if he waived a loyalty bonus of that magnitude. I don't approve of this greed fest but I honestly think its par for the course.

GStar said:
Pam said:
You're also saying that "Get Eto'o at whatever cost" but if, for arguements sake, a chance came to sign Lionel Messi, we should walk away the moment there is any kind of public squabbling? Wouldn't that render the Eto'o signing completely useless?

Not especially because whatever which ever way the transfer deal itself is played out l, nobody will be talking about that by the time November comes along.

As for your remarks about public squabbling, I am in agreement with you that this is bullshit, which is why we should insist on a media blackout so that it never happens again. I totally understand where you're coming from on both counts but I just think if money is no object, then money is no object. We are owned by rich oil Arabs and whatever we do, people are going to be wanting to take the piss. I just think we are going to win ourselves a shit load of momentum if we can pull this off and after all, we ARE going to have to pay out big cash if our ambitions are to be met.

I hope we force Barca's hand a bit more... it's thier payment to make after all. Hopefully we'll see what happens in the next few days and if this "loyalty payment" is even a factor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.