The Joe Hart situation

A A

Anonymous

After Given's injury and his expected absence with depending on who you listen to is either back for pre-season or back in october/november, for me Hart should come back to us as our new number 1 after the world cup.

He's already the best keeper on our books and at 34 Given is not going to get any better.

Hart has just turned 23, Casillas was playing first choice for Real Madrid making 40+ appearances at Hart's age. Hugo Lloris is the same age as Hart and is first choice for Lyon and France.

He's old enough and experienced enough to be our number 1, sending him out on loan again would be one of the biggest cock ups this club has done especially as when he comes back from another loan he would only have 2 years left on his contract especially as it looks like he will be England's number 1 this summer.

Immaculate Pasta said:
After Given's injury and his expected absence with depending on who you listen to is either back for pre-season or back in october/november, for me Hart should come back to us as our new number 1 after the world cup.

He's already the best keeper on our books and at 34 Given is not going to get any better.

Hart has just turned 23, Casillas was playing first choice for Real Madrid making 40+ appearances at Hart's age. Hugo Lloris is the same age as Hart and is first choice for Lyon and France.

He's old enough and experienced enough to be our number 1, sending him out on loan again would be one of the biggest cock ups this club has done especially as when he comes back from another loan he would only have 2 years left on his contract especially as it looks like he will be England's number 1 this summer.

I agree.

But will Joe want to come back?

I very much doubt he will go out on loan agian, with Given looking like he won't be fit at the start of next season, it seems to me he will either be our first choice or sold in the summer. The fact that Taylor is out having had surgery to clean up a ongoing issue during the season, leads me to the view the club already had in mind bringing in people(thus allowing Taylor to be fit to earn a contract elsewhere in the summer).

mat said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

I agree.

But will Joe want to come back?

where would you want to be city or brum,i cant fault shay not one bit but i feel joe is a better keeper around the box,he will come back and given might strugle to get back in the team

Agree with the OP 100%

However,there is nothing in the current FA rules to stop Hart's loan to Birmingham being terminated on agreement by both clubs.
The FA have once again decided to hastily re-write their own rules,as they have done already this season with regards to Adebayor and his "fast track" ban.

Apparently,they refused Hart's return partly because they were being "mindful" of the situation that arose with West Ham, regarding the eligibilty or otherwise of Tevez......

Fine-except that Joe Hart is a already a fucking CITY PLAYER!!!!!!

So I wonder who's sitting on the FA board that made the decsion then...oh look over there,it's Mr Rag and Mr Arsenal.

Hmmm.

The way I see it the injury of Given will mean we need at least one more keeper. We could buy one, but the thing is - Joe Hart is a Manchester City goalkeeper, under contract with Manchester City, and after he's scheduled to come back I expect us to hold on to him.

I don't understand at all why we couldn't get him back to us. Very annoying - I'd feel much safer with Joe back there, who already knows Kompany, Richards, Onuoha and Zabaleta anyway. Oh well, we need to get past it and welcome Fulop.<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:20 am --<br /><br />I would understand Hart if he wouldn't want to come back here though, he was having a really good season and would certainly have felt he didnt' do anything to deserve losing his place just like that and not being able to compete to get it back. And again come summer no confidence was shown in him whatsoever and yet another keeper was brought to the club. Not quite a Dunne situation but I did feel Hughes didn't seem to value Hart very much. He's certainly made it clear he's happy at Brum but maybe now when he comes back he'll be a bit more optimistic given the situation and with Mancini in place.

RBmk2 said:
Agree with the OP 100%

However,there is nothing in the current FA rules to stop Hart's loan to Birmingham being terminated on agreement by both clubs.
The FA have once again decided to hastily re-write their own rules,as they have done already this season with regards to Adebayor and his "fast track" ban.

Apparently,they refused Hart's return partly because they were being "mindful" of the situation that arose with West Ham, regarding the eligibilty or otherwise of Tevez......

Fine-except that Joe Hart is a already a fucking CITY PLAYER!!!!!!

So I wonder who's sitting on the FA board that made the decsion then...oh look over there,it's Mr Rag and Mr Arsenal.

Hmmm.
Sigh. The FA is not the Premier League.

The Premier League are a disgrace and City should appeal this....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/27/manchester-city-joe-hart-goalkeeper" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... goalkeeper</a>

Manchester City seething after Premier League blocks Joe Hart recall

• League refuses to let City recall on-loan goalkeeper
• Marton Fulop will instead join City for season run-in

Joe Hart will not be returning to Eastlands for the final three games of the season.

Manchester City were left seething after a late Premier League ruling left them unable to call back their own player as an emergency goalkeeper. The league, while sympathetic to City's plight, felt too many complications and unwanted precedents would arise were Joe Hart to be allowed straight back to Eastlands from his season's loan at Birmingham City.

Sunderland's Marton Fulop will commence training with Manchester City this morning after Sunderland and the league acquiesced to Roberto Mancini's appeal for an emergency goalkeeper, but Hart was the manager's first choice.

That leaves Manchester City with Sunderland's third-choice goalkeeper and someone who conceded seven goals to Chelsea on his last outing as opposed to a player who has been voted goalkeeper of the season by his fellow professionals. But if City's Champions League ambitions are damaged by that outcome they have only themselves to blame. The league confirmed that had Manchester City added a recall clause to Hart's loan contract they could have recalled him immediately, but the fact they chose not to has allowed Birmingham to hang on to their player and avoid upsetting other clubs around them.

Early indications were that the league would give the nod to whatever short-term arrangement City could broker after Shay Given dislocated a shoulder on Saturday. Given has an operation in London tomorrow and is out for the season, and his normal deputy, Stuart Taylor, is also unavailable while recovering from a knee injury. But it appears a combination of Birmingham's desire for financial compensation and discreet lobbying from other clubs with an interest in finishing fourth have persuaded the authorities that such a one-off solution might produce consequences too far-reaching.

Manchester City could have insterted a recall clause in Hart's contract but they chose not to, and that enabled the Premier League to politely suggest they look elsewhere for a replacement goalkeeper.

"The situation just got too complicated," a Premier League spokesman said. "Birmingham were talking about compensation for dropping league positions and that might have cost over £1m as well as setting a precedent.Plus other clubs were concerned about Manchester City bringing in a top goalkeeper at the last moment. We do sympathise with Manchester City and we do want to help ... but in the circumstances we could only advise them to look elsewhere. We have the integrity of the competition to consider and we could not be seen to helping one club while inconveniencing others. In the circumstances a request for an emergency goalkeeper is reasonable, we just felt Manchester City could look elsewhere for cover for their remaining three matches."

Manchester City got the message and did just that, having identified Sunderland's Hungarian keeper as an option at the same time as they were sounding out Birmingham for Hart. They are understood to be unhappy over Birmingham's stance – the vice-chairman, Peter Pannu, initially appeared to give their approach his blessing before Alex McLeish dug his heels in – though in the interests of equanimity, not to mention the fact that there are nine professional goalkeepers at Eastlands and at least four of them are still fit, they switched their attention to the northy-east.

A statement from Manchester City read: "We have been in contact throughout the day with Birmingham City and Sunderland with regard to bringing either Joe Hart or Marton Fulop to the team on an emergency basis. Agreement was not reached with Birmingham, but we anticipate Fulop will join us and we sincerely thank him and Sunderland for their help in this situation."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.