The Justice for 96 lad...

ClaudioDeyna said:
'bit embarrassing IMO.

What a strange strange thing to have on the back of your City shirt.

Will this just be worn against Liverpool or will he be wearing it tomorrow night or maybe saturday?'

Oh fuck off, wum. Have you any idea how much law has been created on the back of one of the most monumental football disasters ever? How much Parliament has had to to be kicked into shape to address an issue the polis and politicians wanted to conceal? How much the human disaster lingers to this day?

It was a great gesture by that Blue. I agree with all he said.

well said.
as a city fan living in nottingham i have my own sad memories of that tragic day and for a a city fan to offer support in his own unique way is touching. a gesture to be respected not mocked. we got to the quarter finals of the fa cup the year before hillsboro-liverpool beat us 4nil at maine road..if we had won we would have have had a semi final day out day out in sheffield.....any team could have had that disaster.it just so happened to be liverpool. for any younger fans who weren,t around,never ,ever underestimate the sadness of that day...i had to travel back from citys game at blackburn by train..when the train drew into sheffield station at about 8pm the silence was deafening. nobody spoke. small groups of forest fans got on the train heading back to nottm. fellow football fans just gripped in shock. no one said a word.. to this day it haunts me, not least because at the time of the original breaking news it was wrongly reported that forest fans had died..i had loads of mates at that match from nottingham....the whole day was just so fucking sad.
the justice for 96 lad made a geat gesture. top man.hillsborough is a day i,ll never ever forget.

Well done that man.

The Police have a lot to answer for in my opinion. It's important that Hillsborough is seen as a tragedy for all football supporters, not just Liverpool fans.

I'll never forget. On the Friday I was outside work on the way home chatting to a lad that worked upstairs from me. He was saying how happy he was that he'd got a ticket for the game. He never came back.

tips said:
I'll never forget. On the Friday I was outside work on the way home chatting to a lad that worked upstairs from me. He was saying how happy he was that he'd got a ticket for the game. He never came back.
All these years on still hearing gut wrenching stories about that day..awful...just awful

Any fan of any club who says that the JFT96 campaign is nothing to do with them is so narrow minded its untrue.

Anyone who suggests that it is in any way, shape or form wrong to have such words printed on the back of a City shirt obviously doesn't understand what it is all about.

The tragedy that took the lives of the Liverpool fans was something that still resonates today.

The way the press behaved, most notably the Sun is only now being fully understood and challenged and the reporting on the tragedy at the time and for years afterwards was a national disgrace.

The reactions from many senior members of the police and central government participated in an illegal cover up that is only now being fully understood.

The pressure applied to a compliant coroner that limited what the initial investigations remit is truly shocking.

Imagine if your sister, brother, niece, uncle, mum or dad had gone to a game of football and lost their lives because of the actions of the police, was declared to have been dead at just past 3pm only to discover that she/he was actually still alive at past 4pm and simply left to die.

How would you feel that if decades later the people who were responsible for your relatives death were comfortably retired and untouched in any way because they covered it up, lied, and continued to obstruct investigations.

And then ask what you would do if the government of the time had made it nigh on impossible to find the truth by any means?

If you feel that this is just about Liverpool you need to get back to school and learn the facts of this tragedy.

We should all have JFT96 in our hearts not just one decent lad having it on his City shirt.

fbloke said:
Any fan of any club who says that the JFT96 campaign is nothing to do with them is so narrow minded its untrue.

Anyone who suggests that it is in any way, shape or form wrong to have such words printed on the back of a City shirt obviously doesn't understand what it is all about.

The tragedy that took the lives of the Liverpool fans was something that still resonates today.

The way the press behaved, most notably the Sun is only now being fully understood and challenged and the reporting on the tragedy at the time and for years afterwards was a national disgrace.

The reactions from many senior members of the police and central government participated in an illegal cover up that is only now being fully understood.

The pressure applied to a compliant coroner that limited what the initial investigations remit is truly shocking.

Imagine if your sister, brother, niece, uncle, mum or dad had gone to a game of football and lost their lives because of the actions of the police, was declared to have been dead at just past 3pm only to discover that she/he was actually still alive at past 4pm and simply left to die.

How would you feel that if decades later the people who were responsible for your relatives death were comfortably retired and untouched in any way because they covered it up, lied, and continued to obstruct investigations.

And then ask what you would do if the government of the time had made it nigh on impossible to find the truth by any means?

If you feel that this is just about Liverpool you need to get back to school and learn the facts of this tragedy.

We should all have JFT96 in our hearts not just one decent lad having it on his City shirt.

And now is the time to tell the story.

There is a public inquiry into matters such as media ethics going on at the High Court in London at the moment. You will all have seen on the news JK Rowling, Hugh Grant, Sienna Miller and so on giving evidence to the enquiry.

But this is NOT just about phone hacking and Celeb's privacy. It is about what the media will say and do to run a story that will sell papers. Phone hacking a dead teenager's mobile phone is a symptom of the cancer. It is the whole cancer that needs to be treated. Our press can be fantastic - witness the MPs expenses scandal, uncovered by the papers - but they can be the scum of the earth, too. And the Sun in particular were the lowest of the low when it came to Hillsborough.

If anyone on here (or RAWK) has specific and personal knowledge of shitty tactics by the media relating to Hillsborough - or, frankly, not relating to Hillsborough - you can put it in evidence in writing to the Leveson Inquiry, by sending it to The Leveson Inquiry, Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London WC2A 2LL. Alternatively, you can check out <a class="postlink" href="http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk</a>

The conduct of the media is only one part of the scandal surrounding Hillsborough, but it is an important part. A year or two before Hillsborough Liverpool beat us in the FA Cup quarter final: so although those who died at Hillsborough were Liverpool fans, it really could have been any of us.

JFT96

Chris in London said:
fbloke said:

And now is the time to tell the story.

There is a public inquiry into matters such as media ethics going on at the High Court in London at the moment. You will all have seen on the news JK Rowling, Hugh Grant, Sienna Miller and so on giving evidence to the enquiry.

But this is NOT just about phone hacking and Celeb's privacy. It is about what the media will say and do to run a story that will sell papers. Phone hacking a dead teenager's mobile phone is a symptom of the cancer. It is the whole cancer that needs to be treated. Our press can be fantastic - witness the MPs expenses scandal, uncovered by the papers - but they can be the scum of the earth, too. And the Sun in particular were the lowest of the low when it came to Hillsborough.

If anyone on here (or RAWK) has specific and personal knowledge of shitty tactics by the media relating to Hillsborough - or, frankly, not relating to Hillsborough - you can put it in evidence in writing to the Leveson Inquiry, by sending it to The Leveson Inquiry, Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London WC2A 2LL. Alternatively, you can check out <a class="postlink" href="http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk</a>

The conduct of the media is only one part of the scandal surrounding Hillsborough, but it is an important part. A year or two before Hillsborough Liverpool beat us in the FA Cup quarter final: so although those who died at Hillsborough were Liverpool fans, it really could have been any of us.

JFT96

Here's the video and info of how close Spurs fans came to their very own disaster -

http://www.ohwhenthespurs.co.uk/#/hillsborough-1981/4535126148

and my thoughts on it here -

http://35-years-of-fun.over-blog.com/article-proud-to-be-blue-jft96-90681198.html

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.