The King is Dead, Long Live the King !

cptaidan88 said:
Clearly things could have been dealt with better (obvious understatement).

Firstly we are not Chelsea. I think I am right in saying he was the 4th longest serving manager in the league. Feel free to correct me, the precise position is irrelevant to the point that this was not knee-jerk.

I would have happily continued with Mancini for next season but it is clear from the outside looking in that he has lost important elements of the dressing room. I don't think we are aware to what extent it had deteriorated yet either. I await those stories over the next few weeks.

Some of my sympathy for him is lost (but not all) in remembering the circumstances in which he took over. Whilst the suggestion of him being in the stadium is false, he had agreed to take over whilst Hughes was still in charge. Whilst we had drawn too many games, we had only lost twice and got to a semi final for the first time in my lifetime. Had Hughes not earned the right to see the season out? Well in my opinion no, but there are comparable similarities between then and now. In the end the board made the right decision.

Why do many feel they deserve the right to argue with this decision? You can argue we wouldnt have won the FA Cup in 2011, or the League last year without Mancini but I offer you a 100% guarantee we wouldnt have won them without Sheik Mansour. Without him we may not exist. I have 100% trust in him and the board to make the right decision and if they believe this is the way forward, I support it fully. Some comments on here are preposterous.

Mancini has contributed in providing me with some of the best moments of my life and that can never be taken away. He has my eternal gratitude and admiration and I wish him luck wherever he goes.

Stop flapping. More amazing memories will come.

Great post and yes I am grateful for what Mancini had achieved for us, but now we must trust that the board is making the right decision's, painful though they are, and that we get behind the Club and the new Manager whoever it is, because as whats been already said above by cptaidan88, without the Sheik involvement and money, I'd shudder as to where we would be now.............

At the end of the day, whether you agree with RM going at this time or not, what you think of Sheikh Mansour or Khaldoon al Mubarak I would say this:
Sad to see RM go especially with this timing and circumstances, however, as has been stated before, no 1 man is bigger than the club, apparently there is 1 man about as big as the club, and that is the Sheikh cos he bloody well owns City like it or not, and just like Swales way back when and the campaign to oust him with "Forward with Franny", there are things that go on behind the scenes that us fans will NEVER know about.
Pointing fingers without knowing all the facts just gets you nowhere.
Having a protest at the new manager as some have suggested, whoever he may be, is short-sighted in the extreme, whether he is already in place and just hasn't signed yet due to legalities or whatever. Whether you like Mansour or not we would not have won anything without the huge injection of cash, and let's face it, we haven't had any "long standing" managers in RECENT history so the manager turnover is nothing new.
WARNING....radical forthcoming statement.
Bring KK out of retirement.......trophies ? probably not but could you imagine the entertainment value ?

Jaques said:
Impeccable One said:
Don't want to start another Mancini/Manager thread, but want to look on the bright side.

Will our new manager, who ever he is;
- get the best from Dzeko
- get consistency from Silva, Nasri & Yaya
- get Aguero back to his best
- convince Tevez his future is at City
- get a pot of money for some marque signings

Anything else ?
Most likely new manager will be better than Mancini. That is not that much hard to achieve.

Very few managers have achieved as much as Mancini. Pellegrini certainly hasn't.

I believe we left him in charge too long,our regression has been obvious.

This season has been a shambles,our team has underperformed and,imo,there has been an aura of negativity hanging over the club.

The revelations that he was a very unpopular man within the dressing room and corridors comes as no surprise to me.He always struck me as an arrogant,obnoxious,stubborn and self righteous/important character.

Such an individual is incapable of greatness and will always divide opinion as their inflexibility will always cause resentment and unrest.

Mancini certainly had his qualities but equally he had his flaws and unfortunately its the latter that prevented him from progressing us to the next level.

I am thankful to Mancini,and i applaud his efforts and success,however,without a doubt in my mind,his removal from post is the right decision,i just hope Pellegrini,if indeed he does get the gig,is as good as I believe he will be.

cptaidan88 said:
Clearly things could have been dealt with better (obvious understatement).

Firstly we are not Chelsea. I think I am right in saying he was the 4th longest serving manager in the league. Feel free to correct me, the precise position is irrelevant to the point that this was not knee-jerk.

I would have happily continued with Mancini for next season but it is clear from the outside looking in that he has lost important elements of the dressing room. I don't think we are aware to what extent it had deteriorated yet either. I await those stories over the next few weeks.

Some of my sympathy for him is lost (but not all) in remembering the circumstances in which he took over. Whilst the suggestion of him being in the stadium is false, he had agreed to take over whilst Hughes was still in charge. Whilst we had drawn too many games, we had only lost twice and got to a semi final for the first time in my lifetime. Had Hughes not earned the right to see the season out? Well in my opinion no, but there are comparable similarities between then and now. In the end the board made the right decision.

Why do many feel they deserve the right to argue with this decision? You can argue we wouldnt have won the FA Cup in 2011, or the League last year without Mancini but I offer you a 100% guarantee we wouldnt have won them without Sheik Mansour. Without him we may not exist. I have 100% trust in him and the board to make the right decision and if they believe this is the way forward, I support it fully. Some comments on here are preposterous.

Mancini has contributed in providing me with some of the best moments of my life and that can never be taken away. He has my eternal gratitude and admiration and I wish him luck wherever he goes.

Stop flapping. More amazing memories will come.

Well said .

I look forward to a fresh broom whoever the new man is. Mancini will forever be a legend but time and tide wait for none and we will move onward and upwards. I guess we could do with taking the odd leaf from Slurgies book or management; no-one, whoever they are, is bigger than the club.

Forza whoever!!

We've got plenty of threads discussing Mancini's personality, this should be kept as per the OP, getting the best from the team in the future..

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a blue who despite feeling anger at Mancini's sacking isn't even a little bit excited to see what could be done with our squad under an attack minded manager. I hazard a guess Joe won't be getting the golden glove for a fourth season running, but if we set a goals scored record instead? I'm not wanting to go back to the 4-4/4-3 days of Leslie but we're all well aware that for huge swathes of Mancini's tenure we've been relying on individual brilliance from exceptionally good footballers. He built the best defence in the league 3 seasons running, now it's time to add an attack that's as good or better than that defence.

Bayern Munich this season have averaged 2.85 goals a game in the league whilst conceding 0.45, leading to a goal difference of +79, scoring 94 goals and conceding only 15. Now they've been ungodly good this season, so I'm not expecting us to storm out next year and smash everyone 4-1, 3-0, etc, but it gives a good idea of where the team should be heading.

Stats aside I'm just hoping we see a much higher tempo team. Dortmund both at home and away were just unreal to watch. I know they don't keep it up every week but it's a very exciting brand of football. If we have the Barca boys I hope we develop into an earlier Pep Barca rather than a late 'keep the ball and wait for Messi to do something exceptional' Barca. Fast movement of the ball, one/two touch, fast closing down, quick to move the ball forward through the opposition when you need to, maybe even remembering how to counter attack!

We could see a resurgence of Silva, the one who played that ridiculous through ball to Dzeko against Inter Milan, for Aguero at Wigan, Milner against Everton, Dzeko against the Scum. We'll need players like him feeling up and motivated again, because he's been nowhere near this season.

Few new faces, some faith in the current ones, solid pre-season and bang out of the blocks next year. Doesn't matter if Chelsea get Mourinho or the press are telling us how Moyes is the next big thing, on our day we're still the best team in this league. If we can get those performances over the whole season we'll be bringing it back to the Etihad.

LoveCity said:
geek said:
We are still truly a joke of a club! I thought we had seen the last of the revolving door!
Pisses me off big time.

3 1/2 years is not a f*cking revolving door you drama queen!

Mancini would have been third longest serving manager in the PL had he made it to last season?

We've come a long way since the days of Stevie Coppell!

Sad to see Roberto go. He has given me the best 3 years in my 29 years as a City fan. But I do think he had to go. It became increasingly clear over this year that he was not getting anywhere near the best out of the team and in particular out of certain players. It also became clear that his losing the dressing room was not just press speculation. Repeated slagging off of players and officials was incompatible with staying in his role.

However I do have full confidence on Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoun to appoint the right man for the job. Let's face it, would you rather ot was Swales making the decision? Be happy - it ain't going to be another Ball or Coppell.

Thanks for great football of 2011-12, Roberto. Thanks for the Premiership and the FA cup, for the anticipation, confidence and pride that you brought to us - many happy days that we will always remember.

I can't wait for the next chapter in my love affair with the Blues.

adrianr said:
We've got plenty of threads discussing Mancini's personality, this should be kept as per the OP, getting the best from the team in the future..

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a blue who despite feeling anger at Mancini's sacking isn't even a little bit excited to see what could be done with our squad under an attack minded manager. I hazard a guess Joe won't be getting the golden glove for a fourth season running, but if we set a goals scored record instead? I'm not wanting to go back to the 4-4/4-3 days of Leslie but we're all well aware that for huge swathes of Mancini's tenure we've been relying on individual brilliance from exceptionally good footballers. He built the best defence in the league 3 seasons running, now it's time to add an attack that's as good or better than that defence.

Bayern Munich this season have averaged 2.85 goals a game in the league whilst conceding 0.45, leading to a goal difference of +79, scoring 94 goals and conceding only 15. Now they've been ungodly good this season, so I'm not expecting us to storm out next year and smash everyone 4-1, 3-0, etc, but it gives a good idea of where the team should be heading.

Stats aside I'm just hoping we see a much higher tempo team. Dortmund both at home and away were just unreal to watch. I know they don't keep it up every week but it's a very exciting brand of football. If we have the Barca boys I hope we develop into an earlier Pep Barca rather than a late 'keep the ball and wait for Messi to do something exceptional' Barca. Fast movement of the ball, one/two touch, fast closing down, quick to move the ball forward through the opposition when you need to, maybe even remembering how to counter attack!

We could see a resurgence of Silva, the one who played that ridiculous through ball to Dzeko against Inter Milan, for Aguero at Wigan, Milner against Everton, Dzeko against the Scum. We'll need players like him feeling up and motivated again, because he's been nowhere near this season.

Few new faces, some faith in the current ones, solid pre-season and bang out of the blocks next year. Doesn't matter if Chelsea get Mourinho or the press are telling us how Moyes is the next big thing, on our day we're still the best team in this league. If we can get those performances over the whole season we'll be bringing it back to the Etihad.

Very well said. Roberto was a great defensive Manager. Yet his focus on defence came at a significant cost to players like Kun and Merlin. We really need to up the tempo next season. That is imperative.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.