The king of meats

Fair enough, Toma, we've all got things we don't like.

It irritates me to see people buying joints of beefs because they've got no fat on, like topside or silverside, or cutting all the fat off their bacon.

It's the fat that gives it the flavour.

Don't get me started on overcooked meat, and in particular (grits teeth) carvaries.

These represent serious food crimes perpetrated against the fat and greedy. I'd string their owners up by the balls. Their customers I'd give a few slaps with a wet fish to, and a stern lecture.

They can't help being philistines, I suppose. And the price of oxtail and beef shin would go through the roof if these numpties cottoned on to it.

Didsbury Dave said:

It irritates me to see people buying joints of beefs because they've got no fat on, like topside or silverside, or cutting all the fat off their bacon.

Don't get me started on overcooked meat, and in particular (grits teeth) carvaries.

These represent serious food crimes perpetrated against the fat and greedy. I'd string their owners up by the balls. Their customers I'd give a few slaps with a wet fish to, and a stern lecture.

They can't help being philistines, I suppose. And the price of oxtail and beef shin would go through the roof if these numpties cottoned on to it.

I agree 100% with all of that mate. I think a major reason so many people over-cook meats is a lack of confidence in their cooking abilities. An unwarranted fear of making themselves ill.
I can understand and excuse that. But not when a supposedly trained chef does so at an eating establishment.

Where do you stand on bacon fat though DD? Thats one thing I can never get my head around and have to grill the life out of it until its crispy.

Lucky Toma said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I agree 100% with all of that mate. I think a major reason so many people over-cook meats is a lack of confidence in their cooking abilities. An unwarranted fear of making themselves ill.
I can understand and excuse that. But not when a supposedly trained chef does so at an eating establishment.

Where do you stand on bacon fat though DD? Thats one thing I can never get my head around and have to grill the life out of it until its crispy.

My wife sent a £16 chicken breast meal back in a pub at Flamborough Head last week, and I sent the veg back.

The chef, as they do, tried to front us out (through the waiter) saying "This is how we cook it" so I sent a message back that the cauliflower was undercooked, the carrots and peas were perfect, the chicken had been cooked for 5 minutes too long and I'd expect a trainee chef would learn this in his first week. Silence from the kitchen...

Bacon fat...I don't ask for crispy bacon either, I just like it nornally cooked. iot gets too dry otherwise. If it's done right, though, the fat should be cooked not raw. If it's raw it's disgusting.

Kangaroo,would rather have that than beef.
Great meat,and shit loads of it jumping around..

90djko.jpg

pominoz said:
Kangaroo,would rather have that than beef.
Great meat,and shit loads of it jumping around..

90djko.jpg

never tried it, but will put it on my list of 'to dos'; I did eat a half a Peking Duck the other week, and have done my own froglegs (fresh) but in the meantime a good bit of filet mignon (Kobe or the American-grown offspring) is exceptionally hard to beat - cooked RARE of course.

dontaskdonttellcut.jpg

filetmignonforlunchcut.jpg

Very impressed at you doing your own frog's legs mate. Fair play.

I've been known to knock the odd trout on the head but that's impressive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.