The king of meats

mammutly said:
MonkeyButler said:
Totally agree with the OP.
Waiting on a lamb balti being delivered as we speak.

Enjoy:

cuteLamb_TheHumaneLeague.jpg

Looks just about ready.....yum.

Pig cheeks, a rack of lamb or bbq'd gazelle.

Gone are the days when I used to buy a full lamb from the farmer and have it chop it up for us.

Mutton , especially cutlets , rump and offal . I think that allowing the animal to mature before being slaughtered enhances the flavour of the meat .
It's a bit difficult to source mutton but it's worth the hassle .

Baby Cyprus Mouflon. The Black Angus of the sheep world, but as they are near threatened I'll probably never get to taste it. Spoke to some oldies and some guys from the Troodos forest station here who have tried it and they said nothing compares, lamb or kid.

I have to agree with pominoz,skippy is top notch, although it has to be marinated as it's as tough as old boots.
My wife won't touch it though and she's an Aussie,it's an accquired taste and has no cholestoral,domestically reared meat has allsorts of additives pumped into it and kangaroos are culled from the wild.

lamb. especially lamb tikka. ducks are for poncy restaraunts, beef is for murderers and readers of the daily mail who want bse just so they can moan about havin it, chicken is for sted heads. venison and all other crap is solely so people can show off (la di daa, i've had a stag and pidgeon butty etcetera)

pork is about as nice as a kick in the face and so lamb is by far the winner.

me on a sunday circa 11am

lamb-hung-for-slaughter.jpg

At home I eat chicken mainly but my favourite ever meal was a medium rare fillet steak in green pepper sauce in a little restaurant in a small skiing village in the french alps, totally sublime and I've never found anything in the uk that gets even close. I do like fish but after sea fishing occasionally I've never found anything from a supermarket that tastes as good as a freshly caught black bream or pollock. Another fave is Foie Grass, its supposed to be very cruel on the animal so I feel guilty for a few seconds before devouring it.

Oh and I nearly forgot, a good bacon joint (only available in Ireland) with cabbage and potatoes is another fave of mine. Like guiness it just doesn't taste the same in the uk.

beef is the best because if you have a bit left after your roast dinner chuck it in the fridge and it makes a good sarnie for work on monday.

lamb has a slimey texture to it, but i still like it

as for fish.... i wont eat anything that lives in water, even duck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.