The king of meats

MCFCinUSA said:
pominoz said:
Kangaroo,would rather have that than beef.
Great meat,and shit loads of it jumping around..

90djko.jpg

never tried it, but will put it on my list of 'to dos'; I did eat a half a Peking Duck the other week, and have done my own froglegs (fresh) but in the meantime a good bit of filet mignon (Kobe or the American-grown offspring) is exceptionally hard to beat - cooked RARE of course.

dontaskdonttellcut.jpg

filetmignonforlunchcut.jpg

If you can get a good slab of roo,follow this..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.wildoz.com.au/Cookingguide.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wildoz.com.au/Cookingguide.aspx</a>

Has to be lamb , feel sorry for the poor little blighters but they don't half taste good.

Didsbury Dave said:
Very impressed at you doing your own frog's legs mate. Fair play.

I've been known to knock the odd trout on the head but that's impressive.

to 'fess up DD, I wasn't intending to eat it - but it passed away en route to a lake in a holding tank (caught the bloody thing with another even larger one in my swimming pool) and so I decided the only honourable thing to do was 'become one with the frog'

iwantyoufull.jpg

and I'll agree with you on the trout - freshly caught fish when gutted and eaten can be so much better than the supermarket/fishmonger stuff that's been lying on ice and/or frozen.

Venison for me ( as long as it's wild sourced, but not from Britan's biggest wild animal!)

Rabbit can be very good too - but it needs to be ripe and cooked right.

mammutly said:
Venison for me ( as long as it's wild sourced, but not from Britan's biggest wild animal!)

Rabbit can be very good too - but it needs to be ripe and cooked right.

I'm cooking a rabbit this Sunday!

We live near an area rich with rabbits and the local butcher sells real quality ones.

My missus won't touch it as it's "cuddly" but I have to say it's one of the verey few meats I would eat.

If you're ever stuck for a decent recipe just let me know...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.