The Kippax

Remember them singing "Lawrence, Lawrence show us your arse" to the L'pool goalkeeper (Tommy), and he did.
I remember this being sang, but it was slightly different, this was my recolection.

Who,s that fella with the big fat arse,
Lawrence, Lawrence,
Who,s that fella with the big fat arse,
Lawrence show us your arse.

Commemorative book at the time of the demolition of the old Kippax. Lots of historical recollections and a good read for older fans. Imaginatively titled 'The Kippax '.
Free to first to pm me. Will hand over on next home league match near H entrance East Stand

My foot , also my eldests middle name , loved the place

Attachments

• DC9C3B01-EE46-4C3B-AC90-A511659EDA0A.jpeg
    DC9C3B01-EE46-4C3B-AC90-A511659EDA0A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
My favourite place in the world, I would swap all the trophies we have won of late to be back on the Kippax the day the KING made his comeback, easily the most spine tingling atmosphere i have ever been part of. My first ST was £5.60 i think, junior standing, me and mates would get there at 12-30 so we could be first in and get a place above the tunnel so we could see, we were only 11.

It was a magical place, i remember seeing Boniek play for Widzew Lodz and being awestruck, after the KING, i loved DEYNA, what a beautiful footballer. The FA Cup quarters against Everton, amazing, the 5-1, beating Forest who were Champions , i think Asa scored. I loved the place, the open air piss stones, dogshit alley, the crap burger men, as i got older it was the pubs, the Ossie was great.

Derby days we would be right against the segregation and rag mates would be on the other side and we would hate each other that day.

Bring on the Champions, beat them on the head, Gary Owen is magic, Kiddo, we are City from Maine Road. You are my City, drink a drink a drink. The Kippax in full voice was incredible, it was so loud.

Over the years i have spoke to fans of other clubs and they all say Maine Road was intimidating, the Kippax loud and raucous.

My grandad was at the first game at Maine Road, i was at the Kippax last stand and the final game, i was in the north stand then, the new Kippax was a monstrosity, i hated it, although i did watch a few games from the very top thanks to a mate working up there and getting us in.

You'll never take the Kippax.

My favourite place in the world, I would swap all the trophies we have won of late to be back on the Kippax the day the KING made his comeback, easily the most spine tingling atmosphere i have ever been part of. My first ST was £5.60 i think, junior standing, me and mates would get there at 12-30 so we could be first in and get a place above the tunnel so we could see, we were only 11.

It was a magical place, i remember seeing Boniek play for Widzew Lodz and being awestruck, after the KING, i loved DEYNA, what a beautiful footballer. The FA Cup quarters against Everton, amazing, the 5-1, beating Forest who were Champions , i think Asa scored. I loved the place, the open air piss stones, dogshit alley, the crap burger men, as i got older it was the pubs, the Ossie was great.

Derby days we would be right against the segregation and rag mates would be on the other side and we would hate each other that day.

Bring on the Champions, beat them on the head, Gary Owen is magic, Kiddo, we are City from Maine Road. You are my City, drink a drink a drink. The Kippax in full voice was incredible, it was so loud.

Over the years i have spoke to fans of other clubs and they all say Maine Road was intimidating, the Kippax loud and raucous.

My grandad was at the first game at Maine Road, i was at the Kippax last stand and the final game, i was in the north stand then, the new Kippax was a monstrosity, i hated it, although i did watch a few games from the very top thanks to a mate working up there and getting us in.

You'll never take the Kippax.

Attachments

• 1983-Len-Grant.jpg
    1983-Len-Grant.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 37
Remember watching a fist fight from the Kippax in the centre circle before the match when City's mascot tried to snatch a flag and flagpole from Liverpool's mascot around 1966/7. lol!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.