The Kurse of Kane™

Let's be honest if the spuds chairman had aloud kane to come to us the lad would of won shit loads, it wasn't his fault he wanted to come, he's now at Munich and winning fuck all, do we say thank fuck he didn't come as there is a curse around him, personally think he will be fine next year and win something, for the record I think he is a top striker easily top 5 in the world.

I feel a little sorry for him. He’s not a ****, or an egomaniac, and clearly has been poorly advised by his brother (agent) and misled by his previous Chief Executive (Levy). He was pretty loyal to Spurs too when others with his talent wouldn’t have been.

He‘s clearly an unsophisticated, pretty dim individual who is ill-equipped for the vipers’ nest that is modern football - and I don’t therefore think he deserves ridicule. It’s hardly a tragedy, given he’s healthy and what he’ll earn over his career, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t worthy of a little sympathy for the poor choices he’s made, given the circumstances under which he made them.
Very fair assessment.

Though, I think you’ve forgotten his patented ‘potentially paralysing’ challenges on the pitch, along with a few other incidents that call in to question is general character, beyond his lack of cleverness.

Very fair assessment.

Though, I think you’ve forgotten his patented ‘potentially paralysing’ challenges on the pitch, along with a few other incidents that call in to question is general character, beyond his lack of cleverness.
It’s not that I’ve forgotten them, just that I don’t think they are a barometer of his character off the pitch, which is what I was talking about.

It’s not that I’ve forgotten them, just that I don’t think they are a barometer of his character off the pitch, which is what I was talking about.
I suppose I just have a more difficult time separating on- and off-pitch character when it comes to that sort of thing.

There have of course always been snide players—we have had a few that other fans might describe as such who were beloved by City fans, Fernandinho leading that esteemed cohort—but for me those “challenges” Kane repeatedly made are beyond that threshold, entering full on ‘malicious **** that cares little about the well being of others’ territory.

But, perhaps it was less that he didn’t/doesn’t care, and more that he is too stupid to understand the danger of them.

Last edited:
Fantastic footballer, but my god, is he slow. Runs like a middle-age suburban dad. Couple of times he could've beaten Madrid's high line, but just didn't have the pace to get to the ball. Madrid just comfortably pushed the line knowing he can't break it.

What would be funny as is if fake Pep goes to them next season and they mop up the domestic trophies there.
That would cause some piss boiling by the rag fans.

Fantastic footballer, but my god, is he slow. Runs like a middle-age suburban dad. Couple of times he could've beaten Madrid's high line, but just didn't have the pace to get to the ball. Madrid just comfortably pushed the line knowing he can't break it.
He (and Bayern) were badly let down by Gnabry and Sane last night. They were both truly woeful—had they been even half decent, I think Bayern would have gone through.

That said, Kane did waste several chances to put the game away, as well, so some blame still falls on him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.