The Labour Government

On the face of it, it’s a landslide: the majority in the HofC is unarguable; but scratch beneath the surface and a whole load of intrigue starts to emerge.

I think the electorate have started to develop a much stronger taste for tactical voting.

As a result, at the next GE Labour will face vast swathes of seats where 2nd place isn’t Tory. They’ll be a real mix of Reform, Green, Lib Dem, Independent etc.

When the exit poll was announced I was cock-a-hoop, but that’s been somewhat tempered as the background to this victory has unfolded.

It’s been wonderful watching Cooper et al walk down Downing Street today to form the cabinet. But the political air seems stranger than ever. Fascinating!
Definitely some strange undertones to this one, particularly with the rise of Reform. If you're the next leader of the Tories, you'd presumably want to bring back the Reform voters. And Farage will know that.

Someone like Braverman will probably want to get the two parties as close as possible, even up to a merger. But they could also try to steal Reform's thunder by moving even further to the right but ignoring Reform. That may mean some more traditional, one-nation Tories could desert them.

On the other hand, Labour could also do something sensible about immigration, possibly by setting up processing centres in France. That would mean anyone trying to avoid using one, and using small boats, could automatically be classed as an illegal, and dealt with accordingly. That could significantly dilute the immigration issue and that's seemingly all that Reform have to offer.

I will trump you with Lammy he is probably the worst choice ever for foreign secretary

Worse than Dominic Arab?

I didn't neglect my duties during the evacuation of Afghanistan and go surfboarding because the beach was closed.

Worse than James Cleverly?

Replaced with a failed PM who had to be made a Lord just to take the job.

Worse than Boris Johnson?

Who had to be told by his diplomats not to mumble offensive colonial era literature in Indian places of worship and met Russian Oligarchs without his minders?

Worse than Liz Truss....?

Worse than Dominic Arab?

I didn't neglect my duties during the evacuation of Afghanistan and go surfboarding because the beach was closed.

Worse than James Cleverly?

Replaced with a failed PM who had to be made a Lord just to take the job.

Worse than Boris Johnson?

Who had to be told by his diplomats not to mumble offensive colonial era literature in Indian places of worship and met Russian Oligarchs without his minders?

Worse than Liz Truss....?
Bang on. Horrible criminals all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.