The Labour Government

Also Truss & Raab were Foreign Secretaries. Makes you weep when you look at previous ones, with some of the great names in British politics in that list.

Also wasn't Lord Halifax broadly in favour of an accommodation with Hitler?
Truss and Rabb, sounds like a Dickensian Undertaker’s. The world must have been looking in thinking, what the actual F are the Tories trying to do? Sink our standing? Cut us off from the largest market on the planet? Give donors and mates billions for PPE, that would never work? Lie through their crooked teeth? Leave us with neither piss or a pot in reserve? Cancel that new rail track, costing billions? Fucking off back from Normandy to talk about his tormented childhood, minus Sky? A sweepstake by wealthy Tory MP men to cheat by backing the election date? Having people in positions of influence, who are that fucking greedy and thick, they thought they would get away with it? If they are, the Tories have knocked it out the fucking park.

Historians will look back and wonder how we survived such idiocy and self destruction.

I understand but lets have five mins on how starmer has taken the defeat in 2019 and turned it into a landslide , a really big achivement
On the face of it, it’s a landslide: the majority in the HofC is unarguable; but scratch beneath the surface and a whole load of intrigue starts to emerge.

I think the electorate have started to develop a much stronger taste for tactical voting.

As a result, at the next GE Labour will face vast swathes of seats where 2nd place isn’t Tory. They’ll be a real mix of Reform, Green, Lib Dem, Independent etc.

When the exit poll was announced I was cock-a-hoop, but that’s been somewhat tempered as the background to this victory has unfolded.

It’s been wonderful watching Cooper et al walk down Downing Street today to form the cabinet. But the political air seems stranger than ever. Fascinating!

Truss & Raab were Foreign Secretaries. Makes you weep when you look at previous ones, with some of the great names in British politics in that list.

Also wasn't Lord Halifax broadly in favour of an accommodation with Hitler?
Oh and yes, he wanted tea and biscuits with Hitler. He would have had a white towel with him. Promise Old Adolf a Knighthood and an estate in Scotland. Great views. Who wouldn’t he tempted with that. Although, with a second front gone Hitler wouid have defeated Russia and then came calling once he had rebuilt his armed forces. He would give back the towel. Not a complete loss for us.

On the face of it, it’s a landslide: the majority in the HofC is unarguable; but scratch beneath the surface and a whole load of intrigue starts to emerge.

I think the electorate have started to develop a much stronger taste for tactical voting.

As a result, at the next GE Labour will face vast swathes of seats where 2nd place isn’t Tory. They’ll be a real mix of Reform, Green, Lib Dem, Independent etc.

When the exit poll was announced I was cock-a-hoop, but that’s been somewhat tempered as the background to this victory has unfolded.

It’s been wonderful watching Cooper et al walk down Downing Street today to form the cabinet. But the political air seems stranger than ever. Fascinating!
It’s definitely intriguing and if the way Labour targeted its campaign anticipated this then the campaign was a stroke of genius. Hopefully they will govern with same level of detailed consideration. Got to be better than government by slogan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.