The Labour Government

"Will you charge people for using the NHS?"

Streeting; "Over my dead body!"

Rumours he's looking at charging for some treatments.

That's why I call him a ****.
Think it’s worth giving them more than a week to see how things play out before calling any of them cunts.
It’s likely over time there will indeed turn out to be a **** or two in the ranks but I think a fortnight is fair before we decide for sure.. haha!

So.. we all hate Labour now after spending months promoting them?

So.. we all hate Labour now after spending months promoting them?
Weird ain't it not had 2 weeks in power yet and getting slagged off, talk about wanting instant results. Being centre left or centre right is the only way to get elected, stunned people ain't grasped that yet.

A Labour government. No

We have a liberal leftish government happy to kowtow to capitalism.

That prick Streeting makes me feel sick, Reeves is a neo liberal clown and if they do not reverse the two child cap on child benefit soon they can fuck off.

As for Starmer, get the **** out ASAP

I feel like we've had this conversation before, but what you are proposing just cannot work in my opinion and I believe that historical results would support this.

Just up front, I believe that the Tories are much better politicians than Labour and almost always have been. Not better leaders, certainly not more competent ministers or people, but better politicians. The Tories didn't come out with Rwanda plans and the benefit caps when they ousted Gordon Brown in 2010. They first sought power by being green and much fluffier under Cameron, stressing lovely ideas about new conservatism and helping the poor. If they would have led with their 2024 ideas in 2010 then about eight people would have voted for them and six of them would be Boris Johnson kid.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Many times in world politics when we've seen a massive jump to a new wing by a party, 5 years later we've seen an equal or larger swing back. People don't like seismic shifts and they become reactionary.

Starmer is doing well. His job was to get Labour elected. This meant fighting the Tories often on their own ground and often giving them enough rope and standing back such as with Reform and the SNP. Now his idea should be to remain in power while slowly moving the country to the left, over the course of a decade or more, so that we can have a left wing government without the snap back and the Tories will have to fight on Labour ground in a few elections time.

Whether he will do that I don't know, but he passed the first test of electability. Without being in power, your ability to affect change is limited so that's the most important thing for a party leader to achieve. Labour can now make legislation and get it passed. That is a monumentally huge change for this country, and Party as a whole will be seeking to jump left in the coming years. He needs to be strong and wise to make sure that happens at appropriate times and with appropriate issues.

I don't see how throwing out the newly elected PM who has just won a landslide is inherently good for the country or the Party. Good governance is slow and boring and rational and compromises and collective. Starmer can move things in the right direction without throwing this opportunity away. He is a good leader for right now.

Good first week , got down to business quickly with no fuss

The nhs does need reform , it wont be quick , not sure how long there review is going to take . Using empty private beds has been happening for a few years , makes sense

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.