The Labour Government

just seen his talk with the Israeli prime minister, the way he talks does not instil any confidence in his abilities to talk on a huge stage world wide
I watched it and I did not find anything eye-rolling about what and how he talked about. Or 14 years of cardbox cut-out characters that marched through all those Tory governments have really lowered my standard and expectations.

That’s what I said. It’s the honeymoon period and will be for around 6 months. Everything is bright, shiny and new. The newly elected MPs are going to change the world. Then reality kicks in…
It will be far more than 6 months unless things get noticeably worse for people.Out in the real world nobody is discussing politics they’ve had more than enough this year, doubt if many could name more than 2 or 3 ministers. If by winter 25 they haven't seen the NHS or the economy and other things in their lives start to show signs of beginning to improve then they will start asking question.
It’s only in places like this there is any forensic inspection of every word and move the government are making. The real world is waiting and seeing.

It will be far more than 6 months unless things get noticeably worse for people.Out in the real world nobody is discussing politics they’ve had more than enough this year, doubt if many could name more than 2 or 3 ministers. If by winter 25 they haven't seen the NHS or the economy and other things in their lives start to show signs of beginning to improve then they will start asking question.
It’s only in places like this there is any forensic inspection of every word and move the government are making. The real world is waiting and seeing.
We'll see.
When the boats keep arriving, and every Tom Dick & Harry is already screaming for funding which is just not possible. It won't take long.

I'm educated enough to know it's either your implication or my inference.

Your second paragraph is tosh. A lot of the 43 million pay tax, including the public sector workers and most pensioners (and a lot more since your lot froze allowances).

As for "High tax / high public sector economies don't work", is that direct from a Trussonomics lecture?

They pay tax! I was waiting for that! Who pays their wages they pay the tax on?

25 million people effectively fund the remaining 43 million. Prove me wrong!????

Well it has to be something and if it's not what I say it is then they need to find out why and stop us becoming a magnet.
We look after people that don't pay into the system too much in my opinion, much better than people who work hard.
But immigration hasn't been controlled for years, successive goverments just never control it.

Are you suggesting we should be deporting British people, because immigrants are less likely to be taking money out of the system?

People who travel half way around the world, often making very difficult and dangerous journeys, tend not to be the type who are looking to sit around on the sofa, while waiting for their benefits to arrive. By definition, they tend to be people who are very determined, and very keen to improve their lives, and that usually involved working very hard, and contributing financially to our society.

They pay tax! I was waiting for that! Who pays their wages they pay the tax on?
They pay tax and the tax contributes to their salaries.

Yes salary. Most public sector workers get paid once a month not every week.

25 million people effectively fund the remaining 43 million. Prove me wrong!????

You prove yourself wrong. Why should anyone waste any effort on a world view based on the collective sketches of two Harry Enfield characters?

I watched it and I did not find anything eye-rolling about what and how he talked about. Or 14 years of cardbox cut-out characters that marched through all those Tory governments have really lowered my standard and expectations.
I'm not sure anyone has ever put Boris Johnson in the cardboard cut out mould!

We'll see.
When the boats keep arriving, and every Tom Dick & Harry is already screaming for funding which is just not possible. It won't take long.
The boats are a minor issue blown way out of proportion by the tories.Yes we need to stop people dying but that can be done with a sensible asylum policy, but do the boats affect most peoples lives here no they don’t. Which we should get now they aren’t using boats to appease the right wing and reform jumpers.
There is no link between boats and funding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.