The Labour Government

Nope
Cown and many barely competant associates trumps Morons and many incompetent associates every time.
At least Starmer has a good number of associates that look good on paper.
Let's see how they go.
That said, David Lammy as Foreign Secretary fills me with horror to be honest.
My point was about someone who hero worships Boris Johnson calling other people thick. Nothing to do with a Corbyn Johnson comparison.

Read it again - at what point did i say the public sector workers were not intelligent. Read it again old boy realize you have 100% read it wrong and apologize. Ok.
No apology I'm afraid.

I said "implication". Feel free to deny that was what you implied.

"Upper 10%" of 25 million, you said. Which 2.5 million do you have in mind? Hedge fund managers? Sole traders? Or just those making the most money? Obviously a university education isn’t the only arbiter of intelligence but fewer than 1 in 10 graduates start a business.

I may have misread your claim, but I think I got the gist.

No apology I'm afraid.

I said "implication". Feel free to deny that was what you implied.

"Upper 10%" of 25 million, you said. Which 2.5 million do you have in mind? Hedge fund managers? Sole traders? Or just those making the most money? Obviously a university education isn’t the only arbiter of intelligence but fewer than 1 in 10 graduates start a business.

I may have misread your claim, but I think I got the gist.

Well your implication is patently wrong and any reasonably educated man reading my post would not jump to the inaccurate conclusion you make.

Do you at least accept that the country is skint as 25 million people are essentially funding services for a further 43 million people? I don't see how that can be argued against?

High tax / high public sector economies don't work!

Lets go back to 1979! 83 percent tax! 27% inflation. It will end up approaching that with these at the helm if they do 10 years.

Where is the policy to increase employment and wages in the private sector - i have heard none. Not a single one.

Can someone enlighten me please?

Last edited:
Well your implication is patently wrong and any reasonably educated man reading my post would not jump to the inaccurate conclusion you make.

Do you at least accept that the country is skint as 25 million people are essentially funding services for a further 43 million people? I don't see how that can be argued against?

Lets go back to 1979! 83 percent tax! 27% inflation. It will end up approaching that with these at the helm if they do 10 years.

Where is the policy to increase employment and wages in the private sector - i have heard none. Not a single one.

Thinking the Tories are still the bees knees, your beyond enlightenment

I'm educated enough to know it's either your implication or my inference.

Your second paragraph is tosh. A lot of the 43 million pay tax, including the public sector workers and most pensioners (and a lot more since your lot froze allowances).

As for "High tax / high public sector economies don't work", is that direct from a Trussonomics lecture?

Are you trying to imply Vic is wrong about something on the internet?

It stops the boats, which is what was being asked.

It doesn’t solve the existential issue of being over-populated as a planet, no, but there don’t seem to be many solutions to that beyond getting people riled up enough to start killing each other.
You have no proof it will stop the boats, it may stop the number of boats or it may increase numbers trying to get to the UK then getting on boats if they fail the due process.

You have no proof it will stop the boats, it may stop the number of boats or it may increase numbers trying to get to the UK then getting on boats if they fail the due process.
Then they will have been processed and returned immediately. No need for hotels/detention centres.

If they suggest that they’ve lied on their first application, then that negates any appeal. If they were successful in their initial application, they wouldn’t have the need to get in a dinghy.

Asylum seekers arriving here in boats are not illegal immigrants. If they have had their case heard and rejected and try to come here, they would be illegally entering.

Then they will have been processed and returned immediately. No need for hotels/detention centres.

If they suggest that they’ve lied on their first application, then that negates any appeal. If they were successful in their initial application, they wouldn’t have the need to get in a dinghy.

Asylum seekers arriving here in boats are not illegal immigrants. If they have had their case heard and rejected and try to come here, they would be illegally entering.

And when/if they join other illegal immigrants and get on boats what do you do then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.