The Labour Government

Again, your coming at this as if I’m defending Amazon or Tesco.

How can a business owner who runs a newsagent attract a better applicant to do a minimal skill job?

Are there people searching for chippy jobs or carpet fitting on LinkedIN?

Have you seen the state of some tribunal cases these days? Anything can get passed through there nowadays.

Well if he pays a better wage then he's likely to find better staff.

And there were countless people with valid claims who never made it to tribunals because they were put off by the £1500 fees or cut out of eligibility because of the two year minimum.

It's a bit of sensible class politics.

"Bills Butties are currently recruiting for a new full time member of staff. Hours will be 37 hours per week and salary depending on experience.
Please leave in your CV and two references if interested."
The CV with coffee stains can be shredded, as can the one with "Jimmys a good lad, always buys his round in the Nags Head on a Friday night"
I would also imagine that the 20 seat cafe won't have applicant's from miles away, so should be fairly easy to find out a bit about the applicant before the interview, and if they are trouble, don't employ them, and don't employ the 17 year old lass JUST because she looks good in a mini-skirt

I don’t know even where to start with this.

A good place to start would be with the ignore button, it's extremely bad faith.

resize

If that's the price we have to pay, then so be it.

Really, we want to make thousands of SMEs go out out business because they can't cope with the stress of possibly hiring the wrong person or having a claim against them. I thought we wanted to increase employment not decrease it?

I will be writing to my new MP to inform her of the massive risks of bringing in this legislation.

And there were countless people with valid claims who never made it to tribunals because they were put off by the £1500 fees or cut out of eligibility because of the two year minimum.

You do realise that not all employers are fat sloths with a cigar stroking a cat sneering down at the workers from above don’t you?

The majority are good hard working people who give people in society a chance and opportunities.

It’s not as simple as saying pay a better wage to attract a better applicant. The minimum wage is all that some employers can afford.

These small businesses are the backbone of the country and the economy, giving people their first, continued or last chance of employment.

You don't understand the damage this will do to SMEs especially. Your statement about payback makes that quite clear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.