The Labour Government

That’s the whole point though, it isn’t just the wealthy who will be shafted here. Yes it brings money in to the country but I am not sure this is the right policy. I would happily pay an extra penny of income tax if I knew it was being used correctly and I am not one of the wealthy paying 40% tax. Maybe we can start saving money by reducing public sector pensions which in many cases are over 25%. A few years ago the cost to the British taxpayer was over 2 trillion, bigger than the entire UK economy. Absolute madness that, for example, someone working in the civil service on 40k per year at the age of 25 - 30 has £10k of taxpayers money put into their pension each year.

Did you go to a private school? Because if you did then this post proves it was a complete waste of money.

That’s the whole point though, it isn’t just the wealthy who will be shafted here. Yes it brings money in to the country but I am not sure this is the right policy. I would happily pay an extra penny of income tax if I knew it was being used correctly and I am not one of the wealthy paying 40% tax. Maybe we can start saving money by reducing public sector pensions which in many cases are over 25%. A few years ago the cost to the British taxpayer was over 2 trillion, bigger than the entire UK economy. Absolute madness that, for example, someone working in the civil service on 40k per year at the age of 25 - 30 has £10k of taxpayers money put into their pension each year.

so after years of saying "public servants shouldn't moan about lower pay than the private sector its all back loaded as they get great pensions" its now " we are short of cash we should reduce their pensions" - just accept people who do the work have been shafted by the people who take the money and avoid tax whilst shovelling their money offshore. Ask yourself why we are the 6th largest economy yet we have huge deprivation? Where do you think the money has all gone?

so after years of saying "public servants shouldn't moan about lower pay than the private sector its all back loaded as they get great pensions" its now " we are short of cash we should reduce their pensions" - just accept people who do the work have been shafted by the people who take the money and avoid tax whilst shovelling their money offshore. Ask yourself why we are the 6th largest economy yet we have huge deprivation? Where do you think the money has all gone?
Does nobody read anything on here. If you think a 25 year old on £40k plus 25% pension is poorly paid then we have no chance. I am saying there is more than one way to skin a cat and I am not convinced that one extra teacher in 20% of schools is the best way forward. As Fabian would say, we need to get the basics right. Judicial system needs a huge overhaul, transport system is fucked, education is, NHS is, benefits system is etc and they have been for decades. This is not a quick fix, will take many years and huge cross party support.

Last edited:
All that is irrelevant to this subject, anyhow if you can afford 15 grand to send your kid to school you're doing pretty darn well.
I think some people don't realise what doing well means.

Does nobody read anything on here. If you think a 25 year old on £40k plus 25% pension is poorly paid then we have no chance. I am saying there is more than one way to skin a cat and I am not convinced that one extra teacher in 20% of schools is the best way forward. As Fabian would say, we need to get the basics right. Judicial system needs a huge overhaul, transport system is fucked, education is, NHS is, benefits system is etc and they have been for decades. This is not a quick fix, will take many years and huge cross party support.

do you do no research? Average uk wage means the idea of 25 year olds on 40k plus is fanciful

22-29£29,120

Really, we want to make thousands of SMEs go out out business because they can't cope with the stress of possibly hiring the wrong person or having a claim against them. I thought we wanted to increase employment not decrease it?

I will be writing to my new MP to inform her of the massive risks of bringing in this legislation.
Strong Karen vibes here .... I demand to speak to the manager ;-)

On a serious note isn't this just the risk and reward nature of capitalism? Why should employers be insulated from the cost of making poor decisions? If they can't cope with the stress maybe they should get out and let somebody else fill the void?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.