The Labour Government

Sorry but that’s just not the case at all mate. I’ve got family who work in education in a poor area and they’ve told me first hand the amount of bright kids that don’t get the opportunities they deserve is heartbreaking.
I can't find the graph, but there's research that tests children at reception and reckons:

a child with better ability from a deprived background will be overtaken (in attainment) during primary school by a child with less ability from a less deprived background.

Have you any evidence for this. My daughter's school have indicated they will be passing on the VAT and it's not the type of independent school that every parent is wealthy. I go without things to pay for it, and it will probably mean this season, my 27th will be my last as a season ticket holder to enable me to pay the increased fees in Sept 25. The only fair way to charge VAT would have been to charge parents from the new intake of year 7's in 2025, allowing parent to make a choice.

I’d be interested to know what school your daughter goes to as that’s the exception rather than the norm if this the straw that breaks the camels back for you rather than the increase in fees private schools have done themselves over the last decade, I did say some would close due to it though. That’s their choice, there’s ways that they could absorb it and have chosen not to.

Agree on your last point, that’s how I’d have implemented it too. As I said though, there’s not many private schools that haven’t increased their fees by a similar price over that period anyway.

Last edited:
I don't grasp why so many people think either fkn party makes any fkn difference whatsoever, the endless political party carousel of claiming credit for anything positive and blaming the outgoing for anything shite, is only magnified by the intransigent, polarising wankery on here from the usual entrenched suspects, but what do I know?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.