The Labour Government

It's hardly an austerity government, more an austerity measure. And given that it's now been cleared up that you're not a Tory, I'm sure you won't have an issue in anyone blaming any Labour austerity measures on the state of the finances that the previous government left them with.

How many austerity measures (aka policies) does a government have to introduce to make it an austerity government?

Austerity is always a political choice. Always.

If there’s roughly 12.8m currently claiming a state pension then the simple fact is the country can’t afford £300/400 per person for a WA
It should be means rested, without shadow of a doubt.
There’s many a tough decision to be made over the coming months but it’s absolutely necessary in order to try and move the country forward.

wtf has that got to do with my reply? Bully for them
Because as always it's always about getting somebody else to pay for everything.

We have this perception that the rich are just there for the taking and they're going to accept being taxed for every single penny they have but they won't. They're more than capable of leaving the UK and they will.

You've said that you're not arsed about rich pensioners but 1 in 4 of them are millionaires, they're getting money that they shouldn't be getting.

They're not even getting rid of the winter payments, if a pensioner is poor then they'll still get it so what's the problem?

Because as always it's always about getting somebody else to pay for everything.

We have this perception that the rich are just there for the taking and they're going to accept being taxed for every single penny they have but they won't. They're more than capable of leaving the UK and they will.

You've said that you're not arsed about rich pensioners but 1 in 4 of them are millionaires and they all get money that they shouldn't be getting.

They're not even getting rid of the winter payments, if a pensioner is poor then they'll still get it so what's the problem?
you're going on ignore......a massive out of touch clueless WUM.

If there’s roughly 12.8m currently claiming a state pension then the simple fact is the country can’t afford £300/400 per person for a WA
It should be means rested, without shadow of a doubt.
There’s many a tough decision to be made over the coming months but it’s absolutely necessary in order to try and move the country forward.

The line needs to be drawn. It doesn’t need to be drawn where it is. Thats the disgraceful part of it.

I can't speak for anybody else except myself but I've already stated on this thread today that I voted Conservative in 2010 as I felt that austerity was the way to go at the time. Whether it was, we'll never know.
So they were your dickhead Tory mates after all ;-)
Oh, and Labour will have to do far more "wrong" than this to even come close to what your dickhead Tory mates have been up to for the past 14 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.