The Labour Government

He's playing a straight bat, he may be as dull as dishwater, but his no nonsense unflashy style is what's needed right now.

also this is a not to veiled threat against those now silent - Tice, Farage, Goodwin etc - cannot run away and hide. I anticipate if Robinson sets foot on UK soil as he is on the run from a court case Starmer will make sure he is publicly arrested and banged up.

Remember the 2011 riots? People were imprisoned for nicking ice cream - who was the DPP at the time with such a hard line approach? Yep you guessed.

He's playing a straight bat, he may be as dull as dishwater, but his no nonsense unflashy style is what's needed right now.

Have to disagree on this. He’s making this about politics by referring to their political stances. We need the leader to use the language of unity not division.

Sunak has done a far better job in his condemnation:

“The shocking scenes we’re seeing on the streets of Britain have nothing to do with the tragedy in Southport.This is violent, criminal behaviour that has no place in our society.The police have our full support to deal with these criminals swiftly and they must face the full weight of the law.”

Have to disagree on this. He’s making this about politics by referring to their political stances. We need the leader to use the language of unity not division.

“The shocking scenes we’re seeing on the streets of Britain have nothing to do with the tragedy in Southport.This is violent, criminal behaviour that has no place in our society.The police have our full support to deal with these criminals swiftly and they must face the full weight of the law.”
Easy to throw out words when you don't have to sort the mess out

Honestly now is not the time for party politics, I may not like starmer, but with the concentrated online and physical attempt at destabalising the country and government I can, for now lay off the man.

What he should do now is stay here and definately not use the army

also this is a not to veiled threat against those now silent - Tice, Farage, Goodwin etc - cannot run away and hide. I anticipate if Robinson sets foot on UK soil as he is on the run from a court case Starmer will make sure he is publicly arrested and banged up.

Remember the 2011 riots? People were imprisoned for nicking ice cream - who was the DPP at the time with such a hard line approach? Yep you guessed.
Only problem is that if Robinson is locked up at his upcoming court case, his team will use that to start riots again

Starmer is characterising everyone at these protests/ riots as 'far right'. Undoubtedly many are, but this is not the 60s NF or the EDL. It seems to be a more complicated slice of the population - yes the far right thugs are there, but so are your general sun, mail and telegraph readers. It has long been a trick of the right to have someone in a suit fronting the thugs as an 'acceptable' face, but this seems more complex and I think the police, politicians and perhaps even society as a whole are struggling to formulate a response.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.